• 2 weeks later...

JEB KERMAN'S MISSION LOG: Y37D184 - 2H00M

After six long years, we have finally made it to Eeloo. Though we may not have enough fuel for a return trip, good thing that we have another pod already docked with it that does have the fuel. Even better, now that we have a nuclear-powered lander (and an ore transport coming our way), we could dump some excess fuel into the station's reserve tanks. Though we're prepared to make a quick getaway, our mission plan currently doesn't involve us leaving Eeloo anytime soon.

hFa5p7j.png

• Picture of Eeloo from a 200-km orbit --> before we rendezvoused with Hades Station.
    • What is with the straight lines there? Were they roadways for aliens or something, because Bob says that they seem too straight to be naturally occurring

I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad Hades Station has a buttload of RTGs and a LARGE power capacity; everyone was freezing in the pod. I thought about turning on the station's ore converter just to generate some more heat, but Eriler told me that it may lead to "some trouble." Even though I'm the captain of this operation, I was just fine with the heat generated off the RTGs. Heck, I may just remove one and place it next to me while I sleep so I could stay extra-warm. 

WKv6LbV.png

We're going to use both on-board labs to conduct some orbital research before we start surface ops. I'll be going down with Bob (and a second scientist) when that time comes, and we'll be sure to send pictures to Bill and Val. Last I heard from them, Bill got drunk at a KSP celebration party after they built a plane that could fly to both the Mun and Minmus.

JEB KERMAN'S MISSION LOG: Y38D355 - 2H00M

We spent about a year in Eeloo orbit conducting some research before three of us came down on the planet's surface. Jedemone (the rookie), my friend Bob, and I flew to Skylar Mobile Base - parked in the midlands. 

v47fiZq.png

Unfortunately, there was no new science to gain in the midlands. Either Bill and Val already beat us to it years ago, or the lander had already collected the scientific data in the midlands before flying to the station. Whatever the case is, I'm driving us to another biome to conduct more tests on Eeloo. 

• Like whether or not I could make an ice sculpture out of that snow angel Val made when she and Bill were stranded.

In the meantime, we're so close to getting an ore transport. Eriler is so eager to get working on that on-board converter on Hades Station, and maybe we can go back home in the same pod we came here in. Not only that, we're also receiving a 19-person lander much later so that we can carry LOTS of kerbalnauts at once instead of having to take multiple trips to send a crew of four or more to the same spot (and refuel the monopropellant tanks after each landing). I can' t wait to move in to that flying outpost; I mean, who doesn't want to live in a flying house? Right?

Gene has also informed us that some of us will be staying on Eeloo permanently. We don't know who or why, but at least we know two scientists, an engineer, and a pilot will be here. Even though Eriler is the only engineer here right now, Bill is hearing rumors that she may end up getting replaced in the next Eeloo launch. Judging by the amount of time, money, and attention put into this Eeloo project, I think it's safe to say that this planet is now becoming a full-blown colony.

• Personally, I hope that I'm part of the guys that return to Kerbin. I want to try out the new spaceplane they got - and maybe even go somewhere with my childhood friend, Bill.

FROM THE OFFICE OF WERNHER VON KERMAN

A few weeks ago, we have received confirmation that the Eeloo ore transport has landed on the surface. Though the Eeloo colonists have yet to receive their new high-capacity lander, Gus and Mortimer have both concurred that we have sent enough spacecraft to that planet. When Mission Control convened to discuss the matter, Gene reminded Mortimer that we still have ongoing tourist contracts that include sending people to Eeloo - not to mention we are still contemplating a crew rotation. While tourist flights and crew rosters are stuff to be handled at later dates, one fact that we cannot ignore is that, with the way things are going now, Eeloo is more or less already colonized.

After all, by the looks of this image obtained from the tracking station, it looks like we got pretty strong coverage. Besides having two stations already in orbit (yes, we "borrowed" someone else's design and sent a ring station to Eeloo - but it can't do its own ISRU conversions), the planet has relays everywhere. The colonists also have a nuclear-powered self-mining lander and a mobile science base to move around and transmit that cold, hard (pun intended) science. We also have an ore transport and an ISRU-capable station to refuel any docking-capable ships that pass by, not to mention a pod that can fly back to Kerbin if evacuation is necessary.

b3tuDMF.png

After two hours of deliberation, Mission Control has unanimously agreed to terminate the Eelootian report thread. It originally started as an S.O.S. call from two explorers that ran out of fuel on the surface, then it became a rescue mission report. In the end, we're more or less getting the same things that we're getting on other places like Duna or Vall. If anyone wants to submit any questions/concerns/comments, feel free to post them and someone will address them in a timely manner. But for now, no new entries are being submitted.

It has been quite an adventure on that snowball, but all the really interesting parts are over. As usual, scientific data will be sent to the archives and will be made available to the public when verified.

Wernher Von Kerman

Year 39, Day 180

0H50M

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.