Kbradley

Test RT-10 “Hammer” Solid Fuel Booster in flight over Kerbin challenge not working

Question

Hey everyone,

New guy here. I’m trying to complete the Test RT-10 “Hammer” challenge, and I don’t know what’s wrong. I’ll try to make this quick. 

Contract:

Activate the part through the staging sequence when all test conditions are met:

-Kerbin

-Flying

-Alt: 34,000-41,000m

-Spd: 100-260 m/s

Meeting the conditions is easy enough. I’ve tried by activating the stage when all four have the green check mark, AND clicking “Run test” on the part options. I’ve even tried creating a new stage mid-flight and activating it after...I’m at a loss for ideas. I’m playing on a PS4 if that makes any difference.

What am I doing wrong??

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the forums.

Clicking the "Run Test" button in the part options should always work for an engine, if all the conditions in the contract have green check marks.

In general, the tricky thing about that particular contract is that the "speed" criteria is always measured in Surface mode, and your navball usually automatically changes to Orbital mode (with a different speed value) at that altitude.

However, watching the green checkmarks is exactly the right thing to do. They always tell you when you can complete the contract.

So, unfortunately, all I can tell you initially is that it sounds like you are doing everything right. Getting all the green checkmarks and then clicking "Run Test" should definitely complete the contract -- provided that your craft actually has a Hammer engine on it (and not some other engine).

Getting a picture of your screen is a PITA for consoles, I know perfectly well. But if you can manage it during your attempt at the test -- maybe we can spot something small that's going wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.