Does Anyone Have A Good Minmus Ship?

I am still new too the game and have a lot to learn,

In my science save i am ready to get to minmus but any rocket i make has around 5000 delta v witch is enough to get there but not to get back and i can't send science back from minmus because i don't have powerful enough satalites to communicate.

Can anyone share some rocket designs?

Edited by Ceruleum Space Program

My basic Minmus career rocket is (from top down)

Mk16 parachute

Mk1 command pod

Heat shield and decoupler

FLT 200 tank

Spark engine

(plus batteries, science, landing gear and solar panels) 

One more FLT 400

Terrier engine

Three FLT 400s

LVT 45 engine

Four Hammer boosters placed around the lower stage.

Hope this helps. If not feel free to private message me for some help. 

Okay I can try and build a mun rocket. I either make it too powerful or not powerful enough.

What version do you want it for? I cant do 0.14-0.24 0.90 and 1.0-1.0.5 btw not a mun rocket a minmus rocket for ksp 1.6.1 and it requires the DLC.

Mine is way over engineered and the first stage has 4,234 delta v

Edited by TheRandomGuy1029

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, Ceruleum Space Program said:

<snip>

sY6MI1i.jpg

1GipJd3.png

I used this rocket to pull off a manned Minmus land and return with science. Note the dual "Spark" second stage.

You will need to fly carefully because fuel margins are very tight.

If you've been to the Mun and back, then you can go to Minmus.  It's a lot more forgiving and requires less delta-V to land and return to Kerbin than the Mun, it just requires somewhat more delta-V (and a better understanding of orbital inclination) to get too it in the first place.

That in mind, my advice is to use whatever you already have with the standard recommendation of "Moar Boosters!"  It sounds flippant, but it genuinely is something that will help in this.  You need to front-load your delta-V in this mission since you require so little by the time you get there.  Adding more boosters to your launch stage will get it up in orbit with more delta-V to spare for matching Minmus' orbital inclination and a substantial portion of your transfer burn.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.