How many anomalies are in the game?

Always wanted to check them out, but with all those detection chances I don't know if i marked all of them on certain planet. The wiki's list of easter eggs spoils a lot so I just wanted someone to list them like "Kerbin - 10 anomalies, Mun - 5" etc for each planet.

Edited by Actually_New_KSP_Player

7 minutes ago, peteletroll said:

The Probodobodyne RoveMate has 100% detection probability, you can put one on a satellite to find them all.

I thought that it only detects only when landed since it is meant to be a rover part, thanks. Though it has very low FOV which forces you to make a really high orbit, will it work on small planets with small SOI like Mun, Minmus, Bop, Vall, Pol, etc?

@Actually_New_KSP_Player:

There's a random element to it.  If you've ever encountered a green monolith, that's the random part.  There are permanent anomalies, so I can tell you that there are at least a certain number on each body, but without knowing the constraints of the random distribution, I can't give you an upper limit.  I believe that every body except Jool has at least one green monolith, but I've never done an exhaustive survey.

Moho has at least one.

I don't think Eve has any except the random ones.  The same is true of Gilly.

Kerbin has ten, I think, not counting KSC itself.  The Mun has eight.  Minmus has one.

Duna has three.  Ike has none.

Dres has sixteen.

Actually, no; it doesn't have any unless you count the moonlets, but the game doesn't count those.

Jool doesn't have any, including random ones.  It does have some Easter egg text in the science experiments for landing there, though it's mostly along the lines of, 'You just broke the universe!  Congratulations!'  Laythe doesn't have any.  Vall has one.  Tylo also has one.  Bop has two, I think.  Pol has none.

Eeloo has none.

1 hour ago, Actually_New_KSP_Player said:

Though it has very low FOV which forces you to make a really high orbit, will it work on small planets with small SOI like Mun, Minmus, Bop, Vall, Pol, etc?

You have to put in high orbit and find approximate locations, then fly lower and locate things more precisely. KerbNet waypoints are your friend here.

2 hours ago, bewing said:

Each of the 14 CBs has one randolith, in addition to the permanent ones.

Permanent anomalies:

Kerbin 7, Mun 8, Minmus 1, Duna 3, Vall 1, Bop 2, Tylo 1.

Spoiler

What of the Mohole?

For Kerbin, excepting KSC itself, I see five monoliths:  One near KSC, one in the mountains to the west, one in the mountains to the north, one in the mountains southeast and across the eastern ocean, and one near KSC2.

Add KSC2 itself, the Island Airfield, the Desert Temple, the Crashed Saucer, and the smiley face, and that's ten--though I confess to admit that I don't know whether the smiley face registers as an anomaly.

Does KSC2 combine with the monolith there?  That would take it to eight if the smiley face also doesn't count, though I'm afraid I don't see how you get to seven.

Incidentally, this time there actually are spoilers in the spoiler tag.

Edited by Zhetaan

2 hours ago, Zhetaan said:
  Hide contents

What of the Mohole?

For Kerbin, excepting KSC itself, I see five monoliths:  One near KSC, one in the mountains to the west, one in the mountains to the north, one in the mountains southeast and across the eastern ocean, and one near KSC2.

Add KSC2 itself, the Island Airfield, the Desert Temple, the Crashed Saucer, and the smiley face, and that's ten--though I confess to admit that I don't know whether the smiley face registers as an anomaly.

Does KSC2 combine with the monolith there?  That would take it to eight if the smiley face also doesn't count, though I'm afraid I don't see how you get to seven.

Incidentally, this time there actually are spoilers in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

The mohole is not an anomaly, afaik -- it's just an interesting geographical feature.

Neither the monolith at KSC or the one at KSC2 is a distinct anomaly. So that makes 3 anomalous monoliths.

The smiley face is also not an anomaly -- just an amusing geographical feature. So 3 monoliths, KSC2, Island Airfield, Desert Temple, Crashed Saucer = 7.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.