KSP Loading... Preview: Advanced Maneuver Mode

SQUAD

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I don't really understand why the font size for every UI element has to be different?? If the navball text is considered readable (which it is) why does the Maneuver Node UI have to have twice the font size and take up twice the room??? Just a waste of space.

The UI for the Maneuver Mode was scaled separately just for recording this video. We try to set the minimum font size to be the same across all UI in the game.  

4 minutes ago, nestor said:

The UI for the Maneuver Mode was scaled separately just for recording this video. We try to set the minimum font size to be the same across all UI in the game.  

Whew!! That's good news. It it scalable as a separate element just like the NavBall is then?

I love how the new altimeter setting visually click with the rest of it. Most of the altimeter is analog dials/moving parts, and the ASL/AGL indicator reflects that by being a rotary wheel like the altitude numbers.

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Whew!! That's good news. It it scalable as a separate element just like the NavBall is then?

yes, all the ui elements are individually scalable and have been for a long time! this ones probably included with that pre-existing staging/docking/map thing on the bottom left. I forget what it's called.

By the Kraken, they're doing it.  They're finally doing it.  First dv, and now this.  What's next, an alarm clock?  A transfer planner maybe?

After so many years, Squad is finally doing the things which needed doing.  Keep it up, Squad.  You're making me believe again.  Don't let us down.

Edited by klgraham1013

One of the best features of Precise Manouverer is to be able to map buttons to fine tune your nodes.  Also I map the * on the numpad to set the node to circularise the orbit.  This is a massive time saver.  Will this mapping of keys or soemthing similiar be possible with these?

Anywho looking forward to an update. Peace!

19 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

I love how the new altimeter setting visually click with the rest of it. Most of the altimeter is analog dials/moving parts, and the ASL/AGL indicator reflects that by being a rotary wheel like the altitude numbers.

This. I am glad to see that the suggestions to respect the user's vertical space was taken and followed . So much better than the first preview.

This will be amazing for creating maneuvers while focused on another body, without the accidentally clicking on the KSC button and making a waypoint when I try to adjust my vectors!

On a separate note, will the Mun Base featured in Enhanced Edition's Making History pack become available to PC players?

Great work as always guys! :D

24 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

By the Kraken, they're doing it.  They're finally doing it.  First dv, and now this.  What's next, an alarm clock?  A transfer planner maybe?

After so many years, Squad is finally doing the things which needed doing.  Keep it up, Squad.  You're making me believe again.  Don't let us down.

A transfer planner with a built in alarm clock perhaps?

44 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

22 minutes ago, TimothyC said:

This. I am glad to see that the suggestions to respect the user's vertical space was taken and followed . So much better than the first preview.

I agree with this as well, and thanks for listening to the community feedback on the altimeter toggle...it's now simple and unobtrusive.

And I second (third? fourth?) adding a transfer planner and alarm clock next.  @TriggerAu is on the staff if you need any assistance with that. ;)

16 minutes ago, razark said:

If only they could find someone with experience in designing such a thing to add to their team...

Surely, such a person doesn't exi-

Can I just say, I'm not used to this level of detail on Squad's GUI work.  Could whoever did this do something about the tragically placed gizmo buttons?  I would be eternally grateful.

Edited by klgraham1013

Very cool! The last thing I *need* KER for has now been implemented. Can't wait to try the new node.

Can you copy/paste from that UT field? If you paste raw numbers does it convert? Like if I paste 12343244 will it convert those seconds into a date? This is how I create maneuver nodes in PreciseNode now, from data from Transfer Window Planner.

23 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Very cool! The last thing I *need* KER for has now been implemented. Can't wait to try the new node.

Can you copy/paste from that UT field? If you paste raw numbers does it convert? Like if I paste 12343244 will it convert those seconds into a date? This is how I create maneuver nodes in PreciseNode now, from data from Transfer Window Planner.

You can do both, it has the option to input numbers separated by colons so you can input YY:DD:HH:MM:SS (or subsets of that from lower to higher); or you can just input a big number of seconds and the tool will translate it to UT for you.

thank you very much squad !! this video is a little complicated for me in English. but I am a kerbal I will test !! very nice job . I emphasize as usual. sorry for my english. Can we hope for written explanations? easier to translate for "google trad english" :) as I think. thank you for all this work.

all the work!!! 

all the game!!! 

Edited by jojo5144

42 minutes ago, Samssonart said:

You can do both, it has the option to input numbers separated by colons so you can input YY:DD:HH:MM:SS (or subsets of that from lower to higher); or you can just input a big number of seconds and the tool will translate it to UT for you.

Every single person involved in that is AWESOME.

Fantastic! Now move that whole panel to the right side of the screen. :D

Also, is there any way we can get a condensed crew IVA/EVA panel that doesn't involve the portraits? That darn thing takes up a lot of screen real estate and the buttons are too small to scale it down. I've had my moments of connection with the happy little green faces, but that was thousands of hours ago.

3 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Looking at what they are doing with the UI style... I like it. I think the UI could use an overall pass, to unify it, though. That UI has been through more than half of a decade of artists. I'm noticing that some of the old stuff doesn't quite fit with the new stuff as well as it could. Not that I hate it, I think it's great, just suggesting.

And in general, they are doing an art pass on many things. The parts, the skybox... Can I wish for stock (toggleable) clouds by any chance?

29 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Looking at what they are doing with the UI style... I like it. I think the UI could use an overall pass, to unify it, though. That UI has been through more than half of a decade of artists. I'm noticing that some of the old stuff doesn't quite fit with the new stuff as well as it could. Not that I hate it, I think it's great, just suggesting.

And in general, they are doing an art pass on many things. The parts, the skybox... Can I wish for stock (toggleable) clouds by any chance?

I agree with all the above.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.