SQUAD

KSP Loading... Preview: Advanced Maneuver Mode

Kerbal Space Program 1.7: Room to Maneuver releases next week! Check out this new feature that will transform the way you perform planetary transfers.

Posted (edited)

Woohoo! Thanks for the release date!

Also looking forward to trying out these QoL features as I have never found a precise manevour node mod that I like or that has stayed updated. 

Please ensure that you test these with GUI scaling set to higher than 100% as well please. :)

Edited by MechBFP

Goddamit, got ninja'd. I LOVE IT! I'm totally happy that you guys went into hiding for a while, this reveal was totally worth it.

I also spy with my little eye the changes to the UI regarding ASL or AGL for the altimeter. 

Wow! This looks super useful, I can't wait for this update.

This looks like it's going to be as useful as it gets! I can't wait to use it!

Posted (edited)

Oh my God an actual useful feature requested by the community many times. 

Good to see it implemented. Still probably gonna get ker and precise maneuver if/when I update, just out of habit. 

Edited by qzgy

Simply beautiful. This is starting to look like a real space game now. Keep up the awesome work. :)

Yay, I can drop a few mods because of this. Thank you Squad.

Yes! No more requirement for the maneuver node evolved mod! :D

Stock precisenode? Orbit info panel integrated into existing UI?

Stop, please, you're spoiling me.

Honestly that video made me crack a huge grin, any feature that means waiting for less vital QoL mods to update is a huge win in my books, and this update alone is taking a good 4 or 5 out of the equation already.

I like the final choice for the altimeter mode UI too, looks like you took the best of every suggestion in that brainstorm thread for a neat result. Great work :cool:

Please tell me that flickering orbital lines bug is fixed too... Would be one of best updates.

This is what i was waiting for, a separate maneuvertool  for finetuning! Excellent!

:o

I don’t need a mod for orbital info anymore! And I can get rid of Precise Manoeuvre!

SQUAD...I can’t thank you enough. Good job.

Looks great from what I can see on my phone while carpooling home. Can’t wait to get home so I can watch it properly!

Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!  No more fiddling round trying to select the central manoeuvre node and keep getting one of the others!  I love this :wub: !!  Thanks!!!

Oh - and the new skybox is delicious too. :o

Yup, that's how we spell it on this side of the water :) .

Posted (edited)

Woohoo! Watched it on the big TV and wow that looks gorgeous! Great job Squad, nice implementation of that very useful feature. 

Still hoping @TriggerAu can stuff KAC & TWP in there sometime...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Posted (edited)

This is a big improvement. I hope it's scalable though

I don't really understand why the font size for every UI element has to be different?? If the navball text is considered readable (which it is) why does the Maneuver Node UI have to be three times the font size and take up all that room??? Just a waste of space.

I'd much rather the font be the same size as the Navball and all of the different Maneuver Node panels be on one tab instead of three.

Edited by Tyko

So they've basically made KER stock by the looks of it. But this will be VERY useful for me! Thanks SQUAD!

Also happy 1,200 posts from that account!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.