How do you re-visit old versions?

ratchet9868

Hello all

I've been looking around for a way to play old versions of KSP To see things such as Old Moho, The Magic Boulder, and the old parts and such.

I don't want to download any illeagal copies, i was wondering if there is a more concrete way of playing old versions of KSP? Like a version selector?

Thank you for your time. :)

12 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

You should be able to back in time with the betas tab for the game.

It only goes back to Release 1.4.5

**EDIT** Actually it goes back to 1.0.5

Edited by ratchet9868

10 minutes ago, ratchet9868 said:

It only goes back to Release 1.4.5

When did you buy the game? It seems unlikely, but maybe you can only go back to the point you bought it. My own steam lets me go all the way back to 1.0.5, I actually bought the game just after 0.18 but the beta feature didn't come in until much later, so I'm not surprised it only lets me go back that far.

htDnDlX.png

Edited by severedsolo

Just now, severedsolo said:

When did you buy the game? It seems unlikely, but maybe you can only go back to the point you bought it. My own steam lets me go all the way back to 1.0.5

htDnDlX.png

Yeah sorry, i misread it because i thought bottom would be oldest. Thanks though

1 minute ago, severedsolo said:

When did you buy the game? It seems unlikely, but maybe you can only go back to the point you bought it. My own steam lets me go all the way back to 1.0.5

htDnDlX.png

I'd be able to go back to 0.19 otherwise

4 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Got it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

In case mods think this is getting paid games for free then you are wrong since this method is thorught the steam launcher itself and it doesnt work for games that arent in your library.

Alas, it seems it also only goes back to version 1.0.5...

Thank you anyway though! :)

Well. Do note that I submitted a bug report because 1.0.5 doesnt actually install that version. it installs 1.6.1

Well....at least it did when I tried to revert it to 1.0.5 in the steam beta tab within the last few months

Edited by Anth12

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.