Booster contracts fail

Anyone on the PS4 having issues with booster contracts after the v1.05 update? I have had two different contracts fail to complete with conditions met. Today's fail was to test the RT-5 "flea" solid rocket booster (through staging) at the launch site. Yesterday's was the RT-10 "Hammer" (run test)  at altitude between x and x and velocity between x and x.

PS4, history dlc, recent patch. default controls.

Yes, I had the flea contract 'fail' ( I finally declined it ) after numerous attempts and configurations. I read that somebody else had a problem with the 'hammer' contract.

I also noticed that in at least one circumstance a different contract asked to 'activate through normal staging' after splash-down, I was able to clear it by 'running the test', after re-launching.

Still thrilled with the game though!

Did the mission say somthing like ” haul the (insert rocket  engine) (altitude)”

if the mission says haul you have to first launch the rocket engine up to that altitude with another rocket engine then clickbait run test

Same problem, both with flea and hammer, both to be staged on launchpad. PS4 pro, radial controls, history dlc, recent patch. Tried adding extra stages, testing button, with and without LSA, duplicate boosters. Nothing worked.

I'm glad this is being discussed again; I have the same issues. I'm new to the game, so I've been trying to accomplish these things pretty vigorously.

I had the issue last week, where I was to test the Hammer while in orbit at a certain alt. Once I got green checkmarks across the board, nothing I tried (and I tried a half-a-thousand times) managed to succeed. I finally gave up.

I just started a new career and the second mission I accepted was exactly what was mentioned in this thread, and so very simple.

"Test the FLEA at the launch site". That's it. Simple. Going to the launch site, immediately the required conditions are green, but the test will not succeed. I click on the booster and choose "run test" or "activate engine". Nothing. I try staging (which is the first stage anyway). Nothing. I try with 10% thrust; it just sits there, all green, without success. I even tried a second flea in series, so I could stage once first... Nothing. All green... Fail.

I don't want to be 'that guy', but this is either a bug, or there's some secret condition that isn't displayed, like your kerbal must be an engineer (except, I tested that too), or your Kerbal must be a level 2 (didn't test that yet)...

Anyway, I really like this game, but there's some issues here. Add the steep learning curve and I suspect a lot of people are just going to give up!

Anyone have any input?

Thanks,

DbulHelix

• 2 months later...

SAME ISSUE

Got both green checks marks, should be as easy as hitting run test or staging it BUT...... no pass.

Hope this gets patched soon, I’m a completist and rejecting the contract just seems so lame when the game should just work on something so simple...

Message me on PSN (papacherrybomb) if you find a workaround...

• 2 months later...

Same issue. Someone on another forum recommended we just play sandbox... if i wanted a sandbox game, id go play minecraft. I am sick and tired of these contracts being broken. Please fix this issue guys, please... there is a reason career mode exists, its supposed to be hard, theres supposed to be gains and losses, but with broken contracts, this is starting to feel like fallout76 all over again..

• 2 months later...

This is still not working properly on PS4, despite meeting the criteria (all green ticks on contracts tab) the RT-10 will not complete the test either by staging or hitting 'run test'.

I'm using the Swivel LFE to get the RT-10 to the right height and speed required.

• 2 months later...

This also appears to be an issue on xbox one. I’m having the problem with the Hammer solid booster on the launch pad. Most other missions i’ve Just fixed an altitude or other missed parameter but this one is all green and no just won’t clear.

currently have exited the game in a mini rage quit as i’m sick of trying. Tempted to ask for my money back as it’s a real basic mission/bug and with all the old posts about similar things it’s pretty shocking there appears to be no reply.

• 1 year later...

For others who are stuck with this too. I started playing today and Jamgill's suggestion worked (after a couple of tries).

Go to launch pad, click "run test" on the booster and it should launch. Once you're up to 47000 meters (or whatever altitude u need), click the booster and select "run test" once again. Only after that, u can decouple and land! Finnicky and unneeded frustration, but at least it eventually worked for me.

• 10 months later...

hello, i have been having the same issues with some RT booster missions not being able to finish.

it is because of updated parts that are replaced in the game.

the old parts that where used can still be used though.

for example the rt05 and rt10 booster engines you can find them in the parts list (when you click the arrows in the left upper corner there is a filter) 

you can then choose an older version of the rt5 or rt10 booster engines.

if you use that one it will work.

the same method can be used for a bug when you play a tutorial and there is no engine to choose while building a rocket.

this problem should really be solved in a final update. the game is really nice but these bugs are really trashy, 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.