[1.3-1.11] Ground Effect

How have I only found this now?! I love it and it’s on my must-have mods list. Until I came across this I had been percolating ideas on how to make a mod like this but you’ve made it more elegantly than I had even considered. Brilliant!

• 1 month later...

Edit: see post below, probably a false call

WARNING: this mod seems to have spyware associated with it in my log file. If you have this mod go to KSP.log and search for "RedSwell", see if you have this too. Here's a screenshot of my log file. Found this when looking for errors/crashes in my savefile.

Spoiler

vvkY7QO.png

@Capital_Asterisk hope I'm proven wrong.

Edited by Apelsin

Looks to be a(n understandably alarming) joke; those are the log messages from this mod's (incomplete) FAR detector:

They're just print statements without actually doing anything like that.

In case you're concerned that this isn't the real source: According to your log, 0.001 seconds elapsed between the first and last statement, which is probably not enough time to scan your computer, let alone send a transaction anywhere.

Edited by HebaruSan

12 minutes ago, Apelsin said:

WARNING: this mod seems to have spyware associated with it in my log file. If you have this mod go to KSP.log and searcg for "RedSwell", see if you have this too. Here's a screenshot of my log file. Found this when looking for errors/crashes in my savefile.

Reveal hidden contents

vvkY7QO.png

@Capital_Asterisk hope I'm proven wrong.

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Looks to be a(n understandably alarming) joke; those are the log messages from this mod's (incomplete) FAR detector:

They're just print statements without actually doing anything like that.

In case you're concerned that this isn't the real source: According to your log, 0.001 seconds elapsed between the first and last statement, which is probably not enough time to scan your computer, let alone send a transaction anywhere.

I have to say, even if it is just a line if joke code, that's kind of a bad thing to be joking around about. People get real hot about stuff like that, especially if, like me, you've had stuff like your card information stolen before and had your accounts cleaned out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 3:55 PM, Stone Blue said:

And this is why its always nice to have access to the source code on every mod ;)

True, but for those of us who don't understand any of what's in the source code of a mod or how to read it, it's not very reassuring. ;p

When you can't read Klingon, any message you get from the Klingon Empire just sounds like a declaration of war, you know? :joy::valwink:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So has anyone created this monster yet in KSP?

baszbfjxypb71.jpg

Just imagine this flying around, getting a supercarier around the world in a  day and when combined with thermal nuclear turbojet it could maintain in the air for months without refueling

Edited by FreeThinker

@FreeThinker

I just googled that thing in the comment above and damn. I can't believe that the soviets were that mad enough to even design that. Pity they never built it, it would've given the N-1 a run for the most Kerbal flying object...

A search on the steam workshop and I couldn't find it, but I'll probably end up making it myself.
Decided to do it's younger brother first though: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2559076343

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=trueSee the source image

Edited by Touriste
Spelling Correction

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah okay, I tried for a month but anything as big and small-winged as that carrier crashes before take off with or without autostrut.  One can't even test if the wings work, and I even cheated with downward thrusters under the hull.

It's would probably have been a good Idea to start with something smaller like the LUN-Class shown below, but I don't have time.

Awesome Soviet Ekranoplan Aircraft Carrier Project

So I'll lay the gauntlet down to anybody with more hours and patience, think you can make it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.