Re-post I made this gigantic Ksp cinematic-movie. Really want some feed back.

Oraldo revak

I didn't want to comment on the first one but you asked twice, so here goes.

I did not make it more than a few minutes through it. I saw maybe a dozen panning cinematic shots with no context or story and figured the rest of the movie would be the same.

Sorry, but you did ask twice.

8 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I didn't want to comment on the first one but you asked twice, so here goes.

I did not make it more than a few minutes through it. I saw maybe a dozen panning cinematic shots with no context or story and figured the rest of the movie would be the same.

Sorry, but you did ask twice.

No story ? No context ? Do you have the right link ? If you do, you realize that, it is a "game-movie". You are very limited for scenario. But i guess i have to have a first negative review. It's okay.

Just can you please tell me which dozen shots with no context or story did you found in only "few minutes". I'm really confused, i don't get it . Maybe because i'm not english, i didn't get your point...

I understand that everyone couldn't enjoy, but in like 20 comment i have, you are really the only one , who tell him, that the story is inexistant..

Really confused. 

peace

On 4/7/2019 at 4:01 PM, 5thHorseman said:

You were mistaken. 

Yes, some of the early panning shots were felt long. Perhaps either shortened or additional exposition added in those scenes.

You should run the text through a solid English grammar checker, after running it through translate software of choice. Some of it was more off than not, which does distract from watching it.

Good. Looks like you really liked Interstellar, the cinematography and the self-sacrificing theme made me remind of it.

I also watched Sky Night, and interesting enough, I found it even better. The last scene was incredibly touching. You also watched Europe Report, didn't? :)

Congrats.

On the other hand, I think you should spare your Kerbals a bit. :)

It's like a friend of mine told me about Star Trek: the first time they destroyed the Enterprise, it was really something. As the follow ups keept destroying it, it lost significance and turned it into a "OMG they killed Kenny" thing: just something that happens now and then.

on the other hand... Perhaps my criticism could be premature, who knows? :D

Edited by Lisias
Oh yeah. Tyops.

That was really fantastic. I was legitimately frightened for a large portion of it. :D Your cinematography is VERY good. I subscribed to your channel for more.

Constructive critique:

• The camera move down the ship, just before the engine fires, on the ejection from Moho to Duna was too fast.
  • Use longer pauses between the days on the way to Duna. Just one or two seconds more for the camera to linger. Time is supposed to be passing slowly--Let it pass.
  • Jeb summarizing the trip in his log: We know, we just watched it. He can begin his last log with the Automated Sequence Error, and skip talking about the rest of the mission.

12 hours ago, steuben said:

Yes, some of the early panning shots were felt long. Perhaps either shortened or additional exposition added in those scenes.

You should run the text through a solid English grammar checker, after running it through translate software of choice. Some of it was more off than not, which does distract from watching it.

Hopefully, i will have someone ( an english ) who will correct my grammar :), for my future Ksp cinematic .

7 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I gave it a second try with the knowledge that there was more to it than endless pans and fades, and I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed it from about the time Val started her Moho landing to the very end.

So happy you did ;)

5 hours ago, Lisias said:

Good. Looks like you really liked Interstellar, the cinematography and the self-sacrificing theme made me remind of it.

I also watched Sky Night, and interesting enough, I found it even better. The last scene was incredibly touching. You also watched Europe Report, didn't? :)

Congrats.

On the other hand, I think you should spare your Kerbals a bit. :)

It's like a friend of mine told me about Star Trek: the first time they destroyed the Enterprise, it was really something. As the follow ups keept destroying it, it lost significance and turned it into a "OMG they killed Kenny" thing: just something that happens now and then.

on the other hand... Perhaps my criticism could be premature, who knows? :D

I watch Interstellar once a month. Yes some shot, are directly inspired, or even the same from the movie. Yes i watched Europe report, but don't remember it well. 

Thank you for reacted and give your feedback. It could be premature indeed, you'll see in the next video, coming at the end of the month ;)

4 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

That was really fantastic. I was legitimately frightened for a large portion of it. :D Your cinematography is VERY good. I subscribed to your channel for more.

Constructive critique:

• The camera move down the ship, just before the engine fires, on the ejection from Moho to Duna was too fast.
  • Use longer pauses between the days on the way to Duna. Just one or two seconds more for the camera to linger. Time is supposed to be passing slowly--Let it pass.
  • Jeb summarizing the trip in his log: We know, we just watched it. He can begin his last log with the Automated Sequence Error, and skip talking about the rest of the mission.

Glad you subscribed, because there will be more, actually a 20 min. one, at the end of the month.

And thank you for your contructive critique, really help, to have a "exterior" point of view .

5 hours ago, Oraldo revak said:

I watch Interstellar once a month. Yes some shot, are directly inspired, or even the same from the movie. Yes i watched Europe report, but don't remember it well. 

I watched Interstelar on the movies at least once a week until they took them out. Dude, watching it on a big screen and multi dimensional audio is awesome.

About Europe Report, I suggest you watch it again :) . Something on that movie got stuck in your head, part of Sky Night made me remember some scenes from it, as well of the main plot of the MOHOLE. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Impressive. I'm not exactly sure what else to say.

I just used the transfer window planner for a quick "back of the envelope" calculation: it turns out that the Dv requirements aren't that far apart for Kerbin or Duna transfers (a few hundred m/s between optimal transfers). It's refreshing to see space fiction that actually gets it right, one of the great things about working with KSP I guess

AviosAdku

On 5/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, Alpha 360 said:

This is amazing. Great quality of film there, the cinematography is incredible! 

Thank you. You are working for Occupy Duna ? Because i asked a question and they never respond.

Good joob though.

9 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

My goodness was this amazing. Amazing use of mods, amazing crafts, amazing story, amazing edits, etc.

I love it.

Maybe a sequel?

Please?

Pretty pretty please?

One involving the Mohole creature?

You are right on the point :) Mohole 2 trailer will be soon out ;).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.