Design and Fly Planes that are Hard to Fly

Turns out that I've been competing in this challenge with practically every plane I've built so far and getting no credit for it!  ...unfortunately, I screwed up all my entries by going through another 20 or 30 design iterations until all the flight problems were gone.  

I may need to rethink my process. 

7 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

Turns out that I've been competing in this challenge with practically every plane I've built so far and getting no credit for it!  ...unfortunately, I screwed up all my entries by going through another 20 or 30 design iterations until all the flight problems were gone.  

I may need to rethink my process. 

That's different.  That is called development. These planes (at least mine) are difficult to their core.  And most I think have some justification.  For example Oscar was an experiment in stripping things down to as few parts as possible at 8. I then had a 6-part version until the wings were stripped off on take-off and the resulting cockpit and engine flew better without them.  You can find that here.  https://kerbalx.com/Klapaucius/Scrooge-4-part-disposable-aircraft

And there is my bendable aircraft, which is actually not really hard to fly, it just requires completely rethinking how you fly.  Nobody has tried that one yet.

Most of my just plainly bad planes (or early designs) I have deleted.

I have absolute faith in you. I eagerly await your entry.  :)

1 hour ago, Klapaucius said:

I have absolute faith in you. I eagerly await your entry.  :)

Actually, as I think about it... I probably have several that fit the bill.

The DERP-X2 in particular comes to mind. 

I built it for one of several mission challenges related to a 2018 Kerismus Challenge that I never posted.

One of the missions for that series of challenges read as follows:

Spoiler

The Dumbell X-2
While avoiding near certain doom in our dangerous little DERP, our brave pioneers still managed to find time to ponder that age old holiday question… What happens if I add more boosters?
Back to the drawing board! Your task is to build the Dumbell X-2 Deadly Experimental Rocket Plane. By adding additional and/or larger boosters, this design should be significantly more powerful than the X-1 and successfully demonstrate the next logical step in aerospace terror. I mean design... Aerospace DESIGN!

Craft Design 4: The Dumbell X-2
- Piloted by two exceptionally courageous and/or stupid Kerbals
- Craft must be 100% recoverable (no stages that release parts)
- Capable of horizontal flight with standard airplane control surfaces