[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

Honestly, just use the power of G R A V I T A T I O N A L and get there with stock parts bruh.

As for GU itself, it's great! I'm eagerly waiting for the patch that allows star systems to become the homeworld - i'm just playing this causually and don't want to spend time getting there haha!

6 minutes ago, Aelipse said:

I'm not against powerful technology, it just has to be balanced in some way. I'm working on a hyperdrive engine that can only be used once, like an SRB of sorts, but super-powerful. That way you can't really exploit it within the Kerbol system and only use it for interstellar travel.

That would be awesome, but it would have to be very expensive in career mode (1,500,000 funds?), and require at least tens of thousands of science to research. Otherwise, it would be too OP in career/science mode.

Edited by KingKerb

@Aelipse But those engines are plenty balanced already. They're really far away in the tech tree. They're very heavy. As rockets they suck in atmosphere. They produce lots of heat (I think). I consulted someone who uses KSP Interstellar. And the fuel should be hard to get. (You're not supposed to be able to launch from Kerbin with full helium tanks because Kerbin is far from rich in Helium but that's just how KSP is. It will let you do that.)

@Xurkitree . _. Just. Why, dude.

52 minutes ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Hey; is there any way to increase the luminosity/scale of the suns ingame? They all feel a bit..... small and underwhelming, compared to say Galileo or JadeofMaars stock flares.

Stars are realistically scaled and so are the flares. You can play with those numbers if you want but i'm not changing them for GU. 

13 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Stars are realistically scaled and so are the flares. You can play with those numbers if you want but i'm not changing them for GU. 

Okidok - which file in particular contains the numbers? I've had a go replacing the sunflares in GU but it doesn't seem to work.

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I should note that I only want to change the Stock Sun; not the ingame stars. I've tried editing stellar objects but can't make sense of the intensity keys. Deleting the sun config file forces vanilla textures.

28 minutes ago, Aelipse said:

Guys even created their own wiki for the mod. The whole project is immense! How long have you been working on it?

around 6 months :)

50 minutes ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

I should note that I only want to change the Stock Sun; not the ingame stars. I've tried editing stellar objects but can't make sense of the intensity keys. Deleting the sun config file forces vanilla textures.

you need to edit the file (so open it and change something). 

look for this 'sunAU' and increase the number it has.

5 minutes ago, Seere said:

So sad, GU incompatible with JNSQ. Some planets from GU are displayed incorrectly.
It is a pity, JNSQ is also a very good modification.

GU should not interfere with JNSQ and as stated inside the installationguide. GU hasn't been tested with a lot of mods because it should not be able to interact with them. However if you could DM me what the issues are, provided with evidence. I could try to solve it.

13 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

around 6 months :)

you need to edit the file (so open it and change something). 

look for this 'sunAU' and increase the number it has.

Thanks; see it now. Beginning to make more sense!

I take it the Sunflare ingame doesn't rely on Scatterer? I was removing the Scatterer flares and it wasn't changing anything; the file in question being a UNITY3D file.

1 minute ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Thanks; see it now. Beginning to make more sense!

I take it the Sunflare ingame doesn't rely on Scatterer? I was removing the Scatterer flares and it wasn't changing anything; the file in question being a UNITY3D file.

it's a custom sunflare that looks a little more 'alive' than the stock one (doesn't rely on scatterer). so if you dont want that one, just remove the entire line.

Edited by StarCrusher96

28 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

GU should not interfere with JNSQ and as stated inside the installationguide. GU hasn't been tested with a lot of mods because it should not be able to interact with them. However if you could DM me what the issues are, provided with evidence. I could try to solve it.

Some planets are visible as dark objects without textures. Without JNSQ are displayed correctly.
If you need some log-files please tell me where to get them? I don't know where they are.

Proksimus Kirbani:

Spoiler

Elius
eygxGMj.jpg

Um-1
g2SHKFp.jpg

Nova Kirbani A:

Spoiler

Leyn
HcLzVAk.jpg

Rav

SgmTTWI.jpg

C-1
N4L8V1S.jpg

Nova Kirbani B:

Spoiler

3zdQNmT.jpg

Tur

56 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Seere

Those are eclipses out of sync because of the amount of planets / mods. Not really bugs. Your computer is probably struggling to keep track.

Unfortunately not
I tried to landing on these planets (cheat-menu alt+f12), textures are not visible.
Alas(

23 minutes ago, Seere said:

Unfortunately not
I tried to landing on these planets (cheat-menu alt+f12), textures are not visible.
Alas(

because they're eclipsed :p they turn solid black. If you timewarp they should fix themself.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Just now, Diddly Feelerino said:

Updating/increasing the SunAU doesn't appear to increase the size of the sunflare unfortunately - bumped it up by a factor of x100, yet it remains as small as before. How much of a number increase are we talking?

oh forgot about the the brightnesscurve ... that's not an easy one to explain tbh

For that matter you better just activate scattererflares again, or live with a realistic sun flare.

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

oh forgot about the the brightnesscurve ... that's not an easy one to explain tbh

Well I attempted to revert to Scatterer flares by changing "fullLensFlareReplacement" to True, which worked - the scale of the flares are still much lower, and the new stars (in particular, Proxima) have a mad flickering going on.

Oh well!