[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Well I attempted to revert to Scatterer flares by changing "fullLensFlareReplacement" to True, which worked - the scale of the flares are still much lower, and the new stars (in particular, Proxima) have a mad flickering going on.

Oh well!

I did the same and Proksimus has a seizure

4 hours ago, HyperCatsInSpace said:

I did the same and Proksimus has a seizure

I think a temp workaround might be to replace the sunflare for Proksimus; although I still have no idea how to revert the sunflare SCALE back to near vanilla levels.

I'll figure it out later - get to graduate my course today so I might be on the drink =P

2 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

I think a temp workaround might be to replace the sunflare for Proksimus; although I still have no idea how to revert the sunflare SCALE back to near vanilla levels.

I'll figure it out later - get to graduate my course today so I might be on the drink =P

If you want vanilla levels, just remove the brightness curve inside the sun cfg. 

However it will not look great combined with sun's size. 

2 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

Got the DL. Since I'm at summer camp when I get back home (In about 5 hrs) I'm gonna run this. Btw which kopernicus version does this use?

It's in the title above :) 1.7.x

But better use the latest version for 1.7.3

Loving the mod so far. There are not many things more beautiful than a double-sunset of both Kirbani stars from the grassy mountain sides of Blalo, and with some planetary rings on the side.

Spoiler

DrcMge.png

I'm going to bump my question from before, if that's alright. I have CPU temperature / FPS issues around planets with atmosphere. Now that I have done some more testing, the issue only occurs between surface and low orbit of planets with atmosphere. The textures are also not as smooth as I am used to from stock, but grainy and a tad bit flickering.

I don't use EVE or scatterer, and even turned the scattering and some other visuals in the stock game off not to fry my poor laptop, and the high CPU load whenever I even get close to these planets is slightly worrying.

I know I had a very similar issue with Galileo's Outer Planets Mod until Poodmund released an update - I believe it was the latest one where he let the textures be loaded by Kopernicus' OnDemand module, but I might be wrong - and everything was alright for me since then. 

I would like to ask kindly, as I know you do this in your free time and for free; is there a chance a similar update might be applied to GU in the future? Or are there any settings I could reduce or disable myself to decrease the GPU load I experience? I would rather sacrifice some of the game visuals than have my hard drive fried by the excess heat of the graphic card, as this has already happened to me in the past. :) Thank you!

Spoiler

It is probably not obvious from the static screenshots, but the texture of Kerbin is very smooth while Syro's surface appears grainy and glittery:

oDHXa6.png

232Ayk.png

Edited by Aelipse

@Aelipse

Glad you like GU, but i'm affraid i can't help a lot.

GU already uses OnDemand to load the textures (1.1 version).

As for the the terraintextures, they're more detailed as the stock ones and might cause what you describe, not sure. The only thing i can advice is to lower you graphic settings in the settings menu and use OpenGL to play KSP.

Edited by StarCrusher96

23 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Aelipse

Glad you like GU, but i'm affraid i can't help a lot.

GU already uses OnDemand to load the textures (1.1 version).

As for the the terraintextures, they're more detailed as the stock ones and might cause what you describe. The only thing i can advice is to lower you graphic settings in the settings menu and use OpenGL to play KSP.

@Aelipse The issue is with the current version of Kopernicus. If you have missed the last 50 pages or so of the Kopernicus thread, there is an issue that is killing performance. There is a temporary cfg fix posted on the thread and a fix for it is coming in the next Kopernicus release. It has nothing to do with terrain textures, onDemand loading, or anything else.

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Aelipse The issue is with the current version of Kopernicus. If you have missed the last 50 pages or so of the Kopernicus thread, there is an issue that is killing performance. There is a temporary cfg fix posted on the thread and a fix for it is coming in the next Kopernicus release. It has nothing to do with terrain textures, onDemand loading, or anything else.

Can I get a link to this. I'm too lazy to scroll through all 50 of those pages

awwww you killed KSS for THIS? I don't play KSP for REALISM!!

I've seen the ALL...

I've seen the creator.... (I even fixed the damned thing so I could land on it.)

I really hope it wasn't the forums bull$#!t smack talkers that brought you down and killed KSS. I think you really had something going there. THIS mods kinda boring side by side comparison.

1 hour ago, johnnydope said:

awwww you killed KSS for THIS? I don't play KSP for REALISM!!

I've seen the ALL...

I've seen the creator.... (I even fixed the damned thing so I could land on it.)

I really hope it wasn't the forums bull$#!t smack talkers that brought you down and killed KSS. I think you really had something going there. THIS mods kinda boring side by side comparison.

If you've followed GU dev you'd know that the best parts of KSS will return but it seems you're not really well informed.

:) There are also lots of other amazing mods that might suit your needs.

Edited by StarCrusher96