StarCrusher96

[1.7.x] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.1] [29 July 2019]

On 9/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

not every starsystem should have a sol like lay-out.

https://phys.org/news/2004-08-solar-unique-universe.html

Correct, and I thank you for respecting this fact.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

The idea currently is exclusively gas giants. There could be a dwarf planet or comet in the mix, though ;) 

This is gonna be a fun system, but please take your time to balance it appropriately.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:28 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

I dont really use email to contact people about GU. You can always DM me here or on Discord.

All right, I'll try to use Discord. Not for sure.

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

moonsofthythe.png

Looks incredible!

also i got the mod to work (was a bit worried since the mod that shall not be named never worked for me)! and everything looks goodlike really good like bruh! hope the kepsilon system will be great too :) 

So because I have school now StarCrusher wants someone to help me do sciencedefs/wikipages/descriptions. If you're interested and have free time you can dm me either on here or on discord because I'm in charge of that now :P

32 minutes ago, electricpants said:

is tias a kerbilized epsilon eridani c or nah?

I think page 1 explained how GU works.

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I think page 1 explained how GU works.

well yeah, i was just wondering since ael was shown to be aegir but that didn't happen with tias. i guess i got confused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i realize that question probably sounded dumb now lol

11 hours ago, electricpants said:

well yeah, i was just wondering since ael was shown to be aegir but that didn't happen with tias. i guess i got confused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i realize that question probably sounded dumb now lol

There are no dumb questions ;)

The new homeworld looks great! Can't wait for the new home system (It's actually what i'm hype-ing the most from Galaxies Unbound)

Interesting, two terrestrial (kerbial?) planets close to ane another... Makes for some nice roleplay with planetary factions and stuff :)

Are you also making an "outer" system? I mean, the home system will still be substantially "larger" than the others?

12 minutes ago, looksgoodfp said:

Interesting, two terrestrial (kerbial?) planets close to ane another... Makes for some nice roleplay with planetary factions and stuff :)

Are you also making an "outer" system? I mean, the home system will still be substantially "larger" than the others?

We're currently working on concepts for a couple outer planets :)

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

We're currently working on concepts for a couple outer planets :)

Nice, and those will be packaged separately? (Seens that way). In this case it would open up the possibility for something similar on other systems made by you guys, like an "optional" pack with outer planets and minor features (comets, for example)

8 minutes ago, looksgoodfp said:

Nice, and those will be packaged separately? (Seens that way). In this case it would open up the possibility for something similar on other systems made by you guys, like an "optional" pack with outer planets and minor features (comets, for example)

The whole system will be its own optional folder. I don't think minor bodies will be an extra optional feature

17 hours ago, DylanPruden said:

Will you ever make a delta-v map?

Not happening imo. There is no fixed referenced frame or point to build a dV map on when you go interstellar (There are so many variables for approach at the next system that a given map would only be relevant 1 in 1 million times). By the time you can send anything interstellar, dV should no longer be a problem. KSP2 will readily show you through its end-game engines and propellants.