[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

kerbol.png

That settles things lol. I'll put my airport construction on hold until this is released. It is/was just for personal use but i guess i'll be the first to create a base pack for this mod... Might even release it in the future.

In other news, it did look odd in the past that all "earthly" planets you guys made had one more realistic look, while Kerbin was..... Default, with a single continent and strange placement of desert and green (among other things), so thats a good job.

1 hour ago, Some random person said:

Whatever happened to Taythe? Is it coming back in a revised form in this mod, will it be in a different star system, or is it permanently gone?

I made a new version of Taythe. It will return somehow :)

screenshot183.png

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 8/12/2019 at 11:08 AM, TheSpacePotato said:

We're planning on replacing the stock system, but we decided to not make it similar to the real solar system. It'll be something new :)

I am currently running GU in conjunction with JNSQ (I'm getting a few texture issues, but I can live with them), this works because the Kerbol system is currently unmolested by GU

When you do decide to reconfigure the Kerbol system, will it be a separate module, and part of the suite? IE: NK1.x and also KB1.x (for example)
Or, will it be a continued part on the NK chain? (NK2.x for example)

Simply put; will I need to avoid updates of NK once the stock changes are implemented if I want to use other planet packs that depend on a stock system?

11 hours ago, looksgoodfp said:

So the new "modularity" of Galaxies Unbound means even if a system is released as "finished", it may get new planets, moons etc, down the road? Taythe is a favorite of mine too...

If the system is released, no new celestials will be added. Only improvements to the existing ones.

@Jup the stockchanges are not planned for a while. So I can not answer questions i've even myself not figured out.

21 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I made a new version of Taythe. It will return somehow :)

screenshot183.png

It looks like you've made Taythe to be completely covered in flora, at least as far as the picture can show. What kind of plantlife is Taythe going to have? How does it compare to Kerbin in terms of habitability for kerbals? What about the k'avi or whatever they were called?

Looks pretty sweet by the way

16 minutes ago, Some random person said:

It looks like you've made Taythe to be completely covered in flora, at least as far as the picture can show. What kind of plantlife is Taythe going to have? How does it compare to Kerbin in terms of habitability for kerbals? What about the k'avi or whatever they were called?

Looks pretty sweet by the way

It's just a moon like pandora ... dense forests - floating mountains, ...

5 hours ago, DylanPruden said:

Is there going to be alien lore like in KSS? I really loved Novus

I'm not really investing in lore this time as it can simply be ignored and it's irrelevant for 90%, who just want planets to play.

However i do plan for some alien things to return. 

20 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

newinner.png

Hype levels are exceeding what was previously thought possible. The hype-o-meter used to measure the hype levels in this thread actually cut through itself because the needle was trying to point so far off the end of the scale that it cut through the plastic and damaged the hype-o-meter's circuitry. Clearly the hype levels in this thread are beyond our understanding of the laws of physics. 

Since all of this is compatible with the Interstellar Consortium Plugin, can we use Nova Kirbani as the "default" system? I mean, so we could start on Blalo. I heard we can use different systens as the main one, or am i wrong?

Also, Eve was already brown in KSS right?

EDIT: Added information

Edited by tupidfp

On 8/19/2019 at 9:22 PM, looksgoodfp said:

Since all of this is compatible with the Interstellar Consortium Plugin, can we use Nova Kirbani as the "default" system? I mean, so we could start on Blalo. I heard we can use different systems as the main one, or am i wrong?

Also, Eve was already brown in KSS right?

EDIT: Added information

With the next patch you wont need IC to switch homeworlds. 
It was, but this is not Eve :) just a world that will resemble Eve in certain ways.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I take GU development will not stop now that KSP2 has been announced?

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

With the next patch you wont IC to switch homeworlds.

Can you clarify on this? I don't think i fully got it :/

11 hours ago, looksgoodfp said:

Nice! So keep up the good work :D

One last thing... Is it possible to generate flat maps of Blalo, Kerbin* and other kerbin-like planets you create? Its useful for planing where to construct bases...

You can find the textures back in GU/Plugindata/novakirbani ... or use kittopia to render new ones.

You could also use scansat to make them ingame.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:37 PM, looksgoodfp said:

One last thing... Is it possible to generate flat maps of Blalo, Kerbin* and other kerbin-like planets you create? Its useful for planing where to construct bases...

If you'd like to see them added to Kerbal Maps, create an issue at https://github.com/FiniteMonkeys/kerbal-maps/issues if you have a Github account, otherwise let me know here.

9 hours ago, CraigCottingham said:

If you'd like to see them added to Kerbal Maps, create an issue at https://github.com/FiniteMonkeys/kerbal-maps/issues if you have a Github account, otherwise let me know here.

I would! If it doenst give you too much trouble, of course. Kerbal Maps is extremely useful for giving coordinates, so i can place bases in a organized (i.e. "OCD-ish") manner

19 hours ago, looksgoodfp said:

I would! If it doenst give you too much trouble, of course. Kerbal Maps is extremely useful for giving coordinates, so i can place bases in a organized (i.e. "OCD-ish") manner

Shouldn't i agree with this first ? Those maps are licensed for a reason.