[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

On 9/2/2019 at 4:12 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

not every starsystem should have a sol like lay-out.

https://phys.org/news/2004-08-solar-unique-universe.html

Correct, and I thank you for respecting this fact.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

The idea currently is exclusively gas giants. There could be a dwarf planet or comet in the mix, though ;) 

This is gonna be a fun system, but please take your time to balance it appropriately.

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I think page 1 explained how GU works.

well yeah, i was just wondering since ael was shown to be aegir but that didn't happen with tias. i guess i got confused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i realize that question probably sounded dumb now lol

Interesting, two terrestrial (kerbial?) planets close to ane another... Makes for some nice roleplay with planetary factions and stuff :)

Are you also making an "outer" system? I mean, the home system will still be substantially "larger" than the others?

12 minutes ago, looksgoodfp said:

Interesting, two terrestrial (kerbial?) planets close to ane another... Makes for some nice roleplay with planetary factions and stuff :)

Are you also making an "outer" system? I mean, the home system will still be substantially "larger" than the others?

We're currently working on concepts for a couple outer planets :)

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

We're currently working on concepts for a couple outer planets :)

Nice, and those will be packaged separately? (Seens that way). In this case it would open up the possibility for something similar on other systems made by you guys, like an "optional" pack with outer planets and minor features (comets, for example)

8 minutes ago, looksgoodfp said:

Nice, and those will be packaged separately? (Seens that way). In this case it would open up the possibility for something similar on other systems made by you guys, like an "optional" pack with outer planets and minor features (comets, for example)

The whole system will be its own optional folder. I don't think minor bodies will be an extra optional feature

17 hours ago, DylanPruden said:

Will you ever make a delta-v map?

Not happening imo. There is no fixed referenced frame or point to build a dV map on when you go interstellar (There are so many variables for approach at the next system that a given map would only be relevant 1 in 1 million times). By the time you can send anything interstellar, dV should no longer be a problem. KSP2 will readily show you through its end-game engines and propellants.