[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

33 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Somewhere on a potato around Betelgeuse :p

rather, this is Karbalgeuse.
Do potatomorphs live there?
Do they lay tubers in their victims?

Edited by Seere

Nice work on GU so far (and also on KSS in the past). It seens the optional home system will be launched as 2 packages? If yes, will we be able to use only the "outer" system along with the stock one?

Also, in the past you guys put an alternate Kerbin on KSS, and then the option to revert to original Kerbin WITH the other custom home planets. Will this still apply, or is this philosophy long gone?

(Just trying to solve some questions i have, not asking you guys to go out of your way, in any way. Thank you)

EDIT: Spell check

Edited by tupidfp

Not sure if it's been addressed yet, but will the Nexus be making a return, or something similar? I'm a lore-hungry *******, I know, and I'm proud of it. But at any rate, I've always been compelled to explore anomalous and mysterious objects, so much so that I would devote a whole space program to it.

Considering the outright impossibility of The All, and the absurdity of The Creator (due to its extraordinarily close orbit around The All), they were always my ultimate goal back in my KSS days. Couldn't ever get there ofc, because giant space vacuum Karkua says no.

I do hope they'll make a return, or get a good replacement to sate my lore hunger...Either way, I'm REALLY excited for GU's development, so I can't wait to see what comes next! 

3 hours ago, tupidfp said:

Hello, and nice work on this whole work (and also on KSS in the past). It seens the optional home system will be launched as 2 packages? If yes, will we be able to use only the "outer" system along with the stock one?

Also, in the past you guys put an alternate Kerbin on KSS, and then the option to revert to original Kerbin WITH the other custom home planets. Will this still apply, or is this philosophy long gone?

(Just trying to solve some questions i have, not asking you guys to go out of your way, in any way. Thank you)

Our plan is to release the home system as a full system, but it will be optional like everything else. I'm sure with a bit of config editing you'd be able to add just the outer planets.

2 hours ago, AtlasTheKerbal said:

Not sure if it's been addressed yet, but will the Nexus be making a return, or something similar? I'm a lore-hungry *******, I know, and I'm proud of it. But at any rate, I've always been compelled to explore anomalous and mysterious objects, so much so that I would devote a whole space program to it.

Considering the outright impossibility of The All, and the absurdity of The Creator (due to its extraordinarily close orbit around The All), they were always my ultimate goal back in my KSS days. Couldn't ever get there ofc, because giant space vacuum Karkua says no.

I do hope they'll make a return, or get a good replacement to sate my lore hunger...Either way, I'm REALLY excited for GU's development, so I can't wait to see what comes next! 

We're not currently planning on any lore-heavy objects, but we do have a couple anomalous structures on a few planets planned :)

3 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Our plan is to release the home system as a full system, but it will be optional like everything else. I'm sure with a bit of config editing you'd be able to add just the outer planets.

Ok thank you!

Also, with the absence of The All to make everything orbit around it (not the Kerbol), any star systems will still orbit Kerbin's Sun, correct? And is there a plan to release a flat map of the planets, preferably with coordinates (not needed), so we can build bases and whatnot on then on precise locations? Something like Kerbal Maps or just a flat biome map or something that we could plan upon? Forgot to ask these on the first post, sorry...

56 minutes ago, tupidfp said:

And is there a plan to release a flat map of the planets, preferably with coordinates (not needed), so we can build bases and whatnot on then on precise locations?

This pair of mods is absolutely powerful for whatever you're thinking of and far better than what you think you want the devs to do for you. Once you settle into using them, it becomes a simple matter of sharing the waypoint coordinates of the places you want, in plain text, and you can easily set and see in-game, any interesting locations that other players share.

I personally haven't seen the several custom waypoints that come with Waypoint Manager (maybe they are career only? I don't play career) but from what it looks like, with just a little text editor skill, you can simply copy the waypoint data out of your save file and into a new config file, and share that around.