[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, tupidfp said:

Ok thank you!

Also, with the absence of The All to make everything orbit around it (not the Kerbol), any star systems will still orbit Kerbin's Sun, correct? And is there a plan to release a flat map of the planets, preferably with coordinates (not needed), so we can build bases and whatnot on then on precise locations? Something like Kerbal Maps or just a flat biome map or something that we could plan upon? Forgot to ask these on the first post, sorry...

Yes, everything orbits the Sun (Kerbol in-game). We don't plan on changing that so people can use the stock system if they like :)

Seeing as my first question was answered, I really only have one more. How heavily will modded science be integrated into GU? Like, custom definitions and all.

I ask this because the bone-headed scientist in me wants to take the greenhouse from KPBS, get it to Elius's core, and grow plants from the core elements. Because hey, a heckin' gas giant should absolutely have some nutritious as **** minerals for healthy plant growth. :sticktongue:

42 minutes ago, AtlasTheKerbal said:

Seeing as my first question was answered, I really only have one more. How heavily will modded science be integrated into GU? Like, custom definitions and all.

I ask this because the bone-headed scientist in me wants to take the greenhouse from KPBS, get it to Elius's core, and grow plants from the core elements. Because hey, a heckin' gas giant should absolutely have some nutritious as **** minerals for healthy plant growth. :sticktongue:

I just finished all the custom sciencedefs for Nova Kirbani for the stock science experiments. However, there are a few planets missing since the final config wasn't added yet.

Just want to to say the newest GU installs and runs great!  Does not change anything, just adds.  I also didn't loose any ships in space during the install and no need to start a new carrier (like I did many times with KSS).   The stars seem realistically VERY far away.  Are the stars near the edge of space?   Can the universe get enlarged to made room for many more distant starts?  I guess this is a kopernicus setting.

Worth the wait!

4 hours ago, enewmen said:

Can the universe get enlarged to made room for many more distant starts?  I guess this is a kopernicus setting.

i cant remember someone ever reaching the edge of the kerbal universe. More so, there is a mod that makes procedural universes, multiple suns and planets (up to 200 iirc) wich is a lot bigger than this mod. So having space to enlarge isnt really a problem

Edited by Wackenhut

12 hours ago, Wackenhut said:

i cant remember someone ever reaching the edge of the kerbal universe. More so, there is a mod that makes procedural universes, multiple suns and planets (up to 200 iirc) wich is a lot bigger than this mod. So having space to enlarge isnt really a problem

I think you're talking about To Boldly Go. A very good procedurally generated galaxy.  When I used that before, the stars seemed much closer together than the current GU. When I zoomed out to Alpha Century (Nova Kirbani), i was not able to zoom much farther.  I personally like the realistically vast distance between stars in GU.

Edited by enewmen

Next update will feature the homeswitch system.

This means:

• You can choose to start on Blalo instead of Kerbin. (which is a little harder due to g's and atm)
  • You can visit Kerbin and the kerbolar system the other way around and explore Nova Kirbani in a different way.
  •  I'll make sure OPM will be compatible with the homeswitch. BUT i will not make it compatible with other home system replacement mods. So if you use Beyond Home for example, you'll need to put the setting on Homeworld = Kerbin again so GU can act as an add-on system.
  • We will not rewrite stock sciencedefs because GU stock system will deal with this.
  •  Sciencemultipliers are redone for careerplayers.

screenshot35.png

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Next update will feature the homeswitch system.

This means:

• You can choose to start on Blalo instead of Kerbin. (which is a little harder due to g's and atm)
  • You can visit Kerbin and the kerbolar system the other way around and explore Nova Kirbani in a different way.
  •  I'll make sure OPM will be compatible with the homeswitch. BUT i will not make it compatible with other home system replacement mods. So if you use Beyond Home for example, you'll need to put the setting on Homeworld = Kerbin again so GU can act as an add-on system.
  • We will not rewrite stock sciencedefs because GU stock system will deal with this.
  •  Sciencemultipliers are redone for careerplayers.

screenshot35.png

nice.

I never gave permission to a group of chinese translators (involved with @Karrot) to sell Galaxies Unbound chinese localisation on this site:
https://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5931227-1-1.html
Therefore I ask politely to stop this practice for GU and other mods. 

I'll post my own chinese loc later today.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=275&height=429

Edited by StarCrusher96

12 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

Which version fixed this? Because last time I tried this with opm I got infinite loading screen.

The mod has always been compatible ? GU doesn't change anything to stock. So OPM should work.

8 hours ago, RobFalcon said:

Question of curiosity:

Is there a home system extension in the plan?  Something akin to KSS's outer planets, comets, etc.?

Yes

4 hours ago, tupidfp said:

Sorry, another question: Are the KSC's, both in Blalo and "new" Kerbin, still located in the equator? Or did you guys change it's position for an additional challenge?

KSC at Blalo will be slightly off the equator so you won't get perfect equatorial orbits

14 hours ago, Seere said:

I'm not starting to play the KSP because waiting GU Homeworld :lol:

Indeed. Though i'm very tempted at starting a save on Blalo with the new homeswitch. Either way I'll have to take my time making airports for all of then tho :sticktongue: