[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

There's something that has been in my mind for a long time: I really likes the original KSS, so after it was took down, I have the idea of remake the mod with my own planets that has similar properties if I learn how to make planet mods in the future (I can't say when), would that be allowed? (the mod will have a different name)

@Space NerdI would totally get that mod, how about working together to maintain and improve KSS

are you interested in taking over from the devs who have cast off their mod to die

so, would you want to remake KSS or use one of the last remaining copies to continue to maintain it.

I can't use any of the files from KSS (so the planets are similar, but the names and looks will be different), and the devs have to allow me to do the "KSS style" mod first, also I have to learn planet modding before that.

So you're going to do my work?
Because i'm remaking a lot of concepts for GU. 
Sorry i can not give permission because i'm reusing a lot of kss content in GU.  The license of kss also forbids to make derivations from it. 

FOR THE LAST TIME:

I do NOT give permission to derive any content from KSS, revive it, trying to maintain it etc ... KSS remains dead and burried.

If you want your own galaxy inspired mod ... go ahead, but make it with your own original ideas. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

9 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

There's something that has been in my mind for a long time: I really likes the original KSS, so after it was took down, I have the idea of remake the mod with my own planets that has similar properties if I learn how to make planet mods in the future (I can't say when), would that be allowed? (the mod will have a different name)

Just wait a bit and GU will not only be bigger but better than KSS in every way. The next update will add a lot more stars and 2 small systems, with a large system following soon.

And I highly doubt you're going to get permission to remake KSS. StarCrusher doesn't like other people using his work

It's just that KSS was a very big deal in the modding community because, I mean, an entire galaxy and all. To wait for GU to come out could be... I don't know if unnecessary is the right word but there are just no other good mods that an recreate that sense of awe that KSS had Other than KSS itself and you are not going to giver permissions to it. I completely understand if you do not want to bring back KSS, because GU will be better and all. And I also understand that it is not okay to pester you about KSS. I think it would be okay for Space Nerd to make their own galaxy mod, but just make it different and something different and new new, rather than a Frankenstein's monster of an already dead mod.

"Remake" might be the wrong word, because I plan to use some of the same planet ideas like "an really earth-like planet around my alpha centauri analog" (Really liked that one.) but also some of my own ideas based on real exoplanets.

Also I don't know how to make planet mods and don't plan to learn it soon, it's just that I have this idea for a long time, and I want to ask for sure.

Apologies for pestering you, @StarCrusher96, I don't mean that way.

Edited by Space Nerd

also when will the next installment of GU be released

also i get you don't want others using your work, but some people want to still play it, however it was killed for GU, if you had finished GU and then killed KSS it would have allowed players to play that until GU was fully released and would be better.

49 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

also when will the next installment of GU be released

also i get you don't want others using your work, but some people want to still play it, however it was killed for GU, if you had finished GU and then killed KSS it would have allowed players to play that until GU was fully released and would be better.

Join the discord and you'll see what's in store for GU. 

This is a ridiculous conversation about KSS. I ended dev of this mod over a year ago ... There's just no reason to dig it up again. 

Also this is the GU thread and I'd like to keep it this way. If you have questions about kss, DM me.

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 4/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

FOR THE LAST TIME:

I do NOT give permission to derive any content from KSS, revive it, trying to maintain it etc ... KSS remains dead and burried.

Do not submit to the wraith of Crusher and KSS.

I have made that mistake far too much.

Edited by "Our Benefactors"

I can't right now, also im trying this mod out, Blato is awesome, im currently attempting to colonise it and its moons

although, can this pack be moved closer to kerbol, took me 2 hours to reach at 1% lightspeed, at max timewarp, ingame I arrived much later because I overshot my slowdown burn and had to stop and turn around

a way to fix this is to simply make the SOI bigger

Took a vasimir probe to blato and its moons, they are beautiful, currently im planning on a follow up mission to locate deposits of uranium(for fission reactors), do they have uranium deposits, before I waste my time(I fly missions legit, no cheats, ever)Im currently prepping my scanning mission as well as a system for landing a probe on Blato, It will carry science experiments as well as scanning tech on a rover.

OK but please increase SOI by 10 GM(Dadalus drive is slow)

OH GOD THAT WOULD BE FAR, Im making my own planet mod called the Kerbolar Kluster

that also uses 1/10th distances

currently working on the black hole at the center of the neighboring cluster and the surrounding planets, would you want to test my mod when it's closer to completion and give me some tips as this will be my first mod

in my game it says blato(I fixed this today)

also sorry about the whole revive kss thing @StarCrusher96 I just stumbled across the wiki while reading about the planets in extrasolar and fell in love with it, this is partially why I began development of my own(smaller, laptop compatible) mod circling a black hole, I actually considered naming the black hole The All, and the planet with its moons The Creator in honor of KSS.

also about when will the next iteration be released