[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

I have four or five planet packs with various versions of KSP, mostly 1.2 or 1.4.  I decided to take the plunge and go to 1.8.1. 

Some of them generate the systems they should (Outer Planets Mod, etc.).   On GU, the loading screen goes through the process of showing the GU files being loaded.  Then when I get to the screen where I can start a brand new game, I find that I'm in the standard system without the GU.  Scrolling all the way out and panning around does not reveal the GU system in the tracking station.  Just in case it's a career mode thing, I even tried sandbox mode.  Alt-F12  cheat doesn't reveal any external planets to instantly place a ship into.

Any ideas?  Version 1.8.1, Kopernicus Expansion dated February 8, 2020 with three subfolders. Configs, Plugins, Shaders.  Config has solarpanels, system.cfg. Plugins has two KEX dll files. Shaders has 3 emissive unity3d files.

Other mods Kerbaltek and Mechjeb.  Under Kerbaltek 2018-Nov 15, under Hyperedit there are cfg files for the default Kerbin planets. Maybe? Hyperedit version is dated 2019-04-18.

There's also a Mechjeb, dated 2019 November.

ModularFlightIntegrator is dated 2020-February 4.

in GameData itself the standalone ModuleManager files are dated 2020-05-24.

If I should share the content of some particular file, just let me know.   It's a mystery why some planet packs work and others like Kerbal Origins and GU fail to load in the extra or external planets or systems.     Any help?

I have a few moons specifically not planets that are missing textures. The planets have their textures and look fabulous but about 6-7 moons are just grey. I didn't have this issue before I just noticed it after I did a new KSP install.

1 hour ago, KIMCHI said:

I have a few moons specifically not planets that are missing textures. The planets have their textures and look fabulous but about 6-7 moons are just grey. I didn't have this issue before I just noticed it after I did a new KSP install.

I'm currently too busy with the update. Hang on for a few days.

3 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

Ok, do you have eve/scatter? (Of course you do) go to GU_CLOUDS and delete "Scatter + shadows", if that does not work, undelte the scatter+shadows and delete the file that just says Shadows

Also what update? I can't wait for the gas gaints! :)

Edited by Blalo

I posted a message a couple days ago about GU appearing to load, but the planets not showing up once the game is running. Someone mentioned "logs". Are the logs the things that end with 'cfg'?.  Exactly what are the names of the "logs"  and how do I make that happen step by step so people here can see the logs.  I'm new on this so please no harsh language.  It would be great to get this mod running.  See my previous message please.

Mmm... okay, even I don't know how to show my KSP logs. Go to your main PC Drive in file explorer, go to kerbal space program. Next, scoll down (Slowly as it might be missed) untill you see a text doc (One that looks a scare with lines on it) And that is the K.S.P logs. Im not sure how to share them though.

the text doc should just say KSP. 

Edited by Blalo

To show ksp.log you need to upload it to an external site like dropbox and post the link here

to find it go to the ksp folder, it’s literally called ksp.log

4 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

WIP surface of Rhan

screenshot329.png

Oooh that looks very cool, is rhan habitable?

with that I mean if it’s atmosphere has oxygen 

Edited by Hpl

A lot of stuff to say, so get ready!       

Most mods don't care about atmo color, however since Gu (And its future ) is very epic, this prob hapatabol. I will say that photosynthesis is only possible in purple (Slightly less effctiont) or green (Slightly more effection), besides that, it looks cool! I have noted that the trees are HUGE, does the planet have less gravity and more oxygen then kerbin? If so, then this is epic! Also another thing, is this gonna have a plot? I have sean the K.S.S wiki and it seams there is some sort of storyline, is there gonna be one? I will say this, the bigger the planet, the more likly rings. Not saying its bad but if you are gonna do another keep that in mind. I have noticed in the front page pic of part two, some of the planets are blacked out simular to the shadow bug in this vers. Are the moons unfinished? Also, will this second part not have that bug? Maybe a fix or two but if you can't then thats fine. How Big are the gas gaints? I would presume Orin would be a bit lower than twice the size of eve, so is Thythe and Ael "Aergir" bigger than jool? Also, what was with the black hole and other stars? Are they gonna be the 4 and final part? Yes these are a LOT of questions but still. 

Edited by Blalo

8 minutes ago, Blalo said:

A lot of stuff to say, so get ready!       

Most mods don't care about atmo color, however since Gu (And its future ) is very epic, this prob hapatabol. I will say that photosynthesis is only possible in purple (Slightly less effctiont) or green (Slightly more effection), besides that, it looks cool! I have noted that the trees are HUGE, does the planet have less gravity and more oxygen then kerbin? If so, then this is epic! Also another thing, is this gonna have a plot? I have sean the K.S.S wiki and it seams there is some sort of storyline, is there gonna be one? I will say this, the bigger the planet, the more likly rings. Not saying its bad but if you are gonna do another keep that in mind. I have noticed in the front page pic of part two, some of the planets are blacked out simular to the shadow bug in this vers. Are the moons unfinished? Also, will this second part not have that bug? Maybe a fix or two but if you can't then thats fine. How Big are the gas gaints? I would presume Orin would be a bit lower than twice the size of eve, so is Thythe and Ael "Aergir" bigger than jool? Also, what was with the black hole and other stars? Are they gonna be the 4 and final part? Yes these are a LOT of questions but still. 

God, grammar 

and there will be no lore for GU the reccomendation is to imagine the kss lore to be the GU one

i think there will be more than just 4 parts, if the mod is as big as kss was

also the black spheres in the op image are unfinished planets/moons, its not a bug, they just havent been added to the image

awnsered what i understood and know

@Blalo please join the discord because these questions and 'tips' are irrelevant.

The update isn't containing just Epsilon Eridani.

screenshot237.png

rsz_1screenshot325.png

it's containing planets for Alpha Centauri, Sirius, Epsilon Eridani, Betelgeuse(1planet), Tau Ceti (1planet), Teegardens Star(2 planets), Luytens Star(4planets), Wolf 359(2planets), Barnards Star(1planet), Homeswitches And more + the whole solar neighbourhood up to 20-30ly.

GUPlanetsS.png

And no lore.

Edited by StarCrusher96