[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

On 6/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, Blalo said:

Mmm... okay, even I don't know how to show my KSP logs. Go to your main PC Drive in file explorer, go to kerbal space program. Next, scoll down (Slowly as it might be missed) untill you see a text doc (One that looks a scare with lines on it) And that is the K.S.P logs. Im not sure how to share them though.

the text doc should just say KSP. 

Is this the beginning of the correct file?:  It's KSP.LOG  I don't have an idea of how to upload it.  I have a Dropbox account. Tried figuring out how to share a Dropbox folder. It wants me to send an email to someone specific to share the file. In this case I'd want the public to view the KSP.LOG file, I think.   

Maybe I need to wait for the full update to GU and try again?  Someone recently said the best way to fix a mod is to reinstall it.   Does anything stand out from just looking at the header below?

If I myself were to start looking through this Long file, what would I be looking for as a reason the GU mod seems to load, with the names of the planets, etc, showing up but then when opening up the new game none of the planets, etc show in the Alt-F12 or in the system display. Even selecting Sandbox mode, just the default system.

[LOG 16:08:15.127] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.8.1.2694 (OSXPlayer) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.8.1.2694 (OSXPlayer) en-us
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz (8)
RAM: 16384
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine (1024MB)
SM: 46 (OpenGL 4.1 NVIDIA-12.0.24 355.11.10.50.10.103)
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, BGRA32, RGB111110Float, RG32, RG16, BGRA10101010_XR, BGR101010_XR, R16
Log started: Tue, Jun 02, 2020 16:08:15

I think I might have figured out the share of KSP.LOG by Dropbox.

This is the link to the file itself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cpxsoer4enj2kb/KSP.log?dl=0

This is the link to the folder containing  the file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dxcpj5gtneeiu4u/AAAkvvvlq50KFOaFZJOAmaJna?dl=0

Chance of this working about 8%.  Does sharing the link actually mean you can get to the file?   See my previous messages here for context.  There are two (or more) places in this KSP.LOG file that mention defaulting to Kerbin.  Many repeating errors about taking too much time to do some task.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

etoanrish

44 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@etoanrish

The only thing i'd advice, is to reinstall and remove KopernicusExpansion from GameData.

Make sure you checked out the installationguide that came with GU.

I thought KopernicusExpansion was the new version of Kopernicus and would be Required to load in anything beyond the KSP basic planets.  It came with the Galaxies Unbound package, or am I wrong in that?

13 hours ago, etoanrish said:

I thought KopernicusExpansion was the new version of Kopernicus and would be Required to load in anything beyond the KSP basic planets.  It came with the Galaxies Unbound package, or am I wrong in that?

No haha it adds additional mods to edit planets. Gu doesn't need it to work. It added glowing lava seas but it seems to be outdated.

Edited by StarCrusher96

6 hours ago, amarius1 said:

hey, could you tell me how you got the gas giant textures prototyped? I thought gaseous giganticus was Linux only.

I do not explain how i make things anymore, but on that page you can learn how to make GG work.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/165285-planetary-texturing-guide-repository/

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 6/9/2020 at 12:24 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

No haha it adds additional mods to edit planets. Gu doesn't need it to work. It added glowing lava seas but it seems to be outdated.

Perhaps approach this from another angle.

Not including any other files or mods like HyperEdit or Mechjeb, what should the minimum GameData folder look like on a generic install of Galaxies Unbound in version 1.8.1, (for Mac OSX 10.14.6).  .  . What are the dates or versions of those files?  I know Squad has to be there.  What other folders and files must be in GameData, minimum?  Are any of these folders or files not included with the Galaxies Unbound mod Zip file?  Maybe missing something or wrong version.  

Maybe I need to remove Kopernicus Expansion even though it came with GU and replace it with the regular version of Kopernicus.   Hmmm, I'll try that while I wait for your reply.

@etoanrish

from installation guide

TO INSTALL:

1. You can use KSP version 1.8.1, 64-bit.

2. Download the Kopernicus version matching the KSP version you use.
  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

3. Install Kopernicus and make sure, all the components are installed as well. 

* Kopernicus

* ModularFlightIntergrator

* ModuleManager

4. Download GalaxiesUnbound1.2_NK.zip from Github or other sources.
   Github: https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound/releases

6. Open, Drag/Copy the GU- and KopernicusExpansionfolder into your GameData folder.