[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

I've been busy playing GU all day today.  Wow.  Once you said that Kopernicus Expansion was not the new replacement version of Kopernicus and said I still needed Kopernicus, I was able to get GU running by downloading Kop and getting rid of the expansion.  I have Mechjeb running in GU and the next step is hyper edit to flatten some of the inclinations and bring moons a little bit closer.  

Some of the close moons have so little gravity.  I usually bump that up. 0.008 hardly keeps the ships on the ground.  Is it ok to add a thicker atmosphere to Cail?   Other planet mods let me do that, for example too Duna.   Planets without atmosphere have a series problem that whatever value I enter for the top of the atmosphere become a sudden Sea Level pressure destroying the ship, unless I slow the ship way down just above the atmosphere limit.

Will Hyperedit work ok with GU or should I avoid that since I won't be editing planets in the home system.?. Also, since there's an update soon, maybe it's not good to do what I've said above.

Thanks for working on this mod.  Already having a lot of fun.

Hyperedit is for the weak, real men edit the configs

Although I don’t see why you want to alter the planets, config editing is better than hyperediting, for example it doesn’t reset when you close the game and you avoid that atmosphere problem

Edited by Hpl

11 hours ago, Hpl said:

Hyperedit is for the weak, real men edit the configs

Although I don’t see why you want to alter the planets, config editing is better than hyperediting, for example it doesn’t reset when you close the game and you avoid that atmosphere problem

Where are the instructions for how to edit the "configs"?   Please don't go negative like that. Some of us are just getting started on this.  What are the names of the "configs"?   What parts of a them do I edit.  HyperEdit lets me add gravity to tiny objects just a few K in size. An object with 0.008 gravity,  for example.   It worked well on Duna to make flight just a little bit more than barely possible.  Landing a plane on Duna was just..

Back to my original question.  Will HyperEdit work with GU the same as it does with standard KSP planets or planet packs which don't have external star systems?  Any reason it would not work?

Again, please don't go negative on people.  Thanks

first, i was joking, second, the configs are in the mod folder

editing the basic stuff is simple, you will find out fairly easily, it similar to hyperedit (which btw should work on GU planets)

with configs you can make the same things as hyperedit and more, if you dont want to edit the configs directly, use KittopiaTech, although that will reset when closing the game

Let me explain, go to GU in your game data. Go to "Celestial" Next, click on 02_system.Novakinani. lets say you want to edit blalo, go to 02_Blalo. Although it may look compacatid, most of the things like size/mass/orbit have their aporopeat names, so sccol until you see radius= (Size) and stuff.

From the README file

TO INSTALL:

1. You can use KSP version 1.8.1, 64-bit.

2. Download the Kopernicus version matching the KSP version you use.
  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

3. Install Kopernicus and make sure, all the components are installed as well. 

* Kopernicus

* ModularFlightIntergrator

* ModuleManager

4. Download GalaxiesUnbound1.2_NK.zip from Github or other sources.
   Github: https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound/releases

6. Open, Drag/Copy the GU- and KopernicusExpansionfolder into your GameData folder. 

your folder should look like this:

Captura20de20Pantalla202020-06-1120a20la

4 minutes ago, Hpl said:

From the README file

TO INSTALL:

1. You can use KSP version 1.8.1, 64-bit.

2. Download the Kopernicus version matching the KSP version you use.
  https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

3. Install Kopernicus and make sure, all the components are installed as well. 

* Kopernicus

* ModularFlightIntergrator

* ModuleManager

4. Download GalaxiesUnbound1.2_NK.zip from Github or other sources.
   Github: https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound/releases

6. Open, Drag/Copy the GU- and KopernicusExpansionfolder into your GameData folder. 

your folder should look like this:

Captura20de20Pantalla202020-06-1120a20la

sorry, you misunderstood me, in the game what is the most efficient way to get to the system?

like with rockets and stuff beacuse it seem pretty far

Edited by Drupegod02

2 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

there is invisible water on blalo?

https://imgur.com/a/csWgKkj

1 hour ago, Drupegod02 said:

i tried to land on Blalo's poles but when i was about 25m from the ground, random parts started to explode and then my cockpit exploded

25 minutes ago, Drupegod02 said:

what are the most powerful recievers and comms in GU and KSPIE?

1: if the water is invisible, then check your modlist to see what is wrong.

2: That might be a glitch in the game idk

3: There is only one comms unit in GU and in interstaller extended there are a lot. Just test around and see for yourself

4: please do not spam the forums with a lot of questions. If you have more than one, contain them to one post.