[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

On 6/18/2020 at 10:26 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Next update will feature 2 homeswitches.

Blalo - Alpha Centauri A

screenshot35.png

Rhan - Epsilon Eridani

screenshot361.png

The fact that you get to choose from two homeworlds is amazing. #Blalobetterthankerbin

once kopernicus gets updated i am 100% getting this mod or when kss is no longer under review and kopernicus gets updated i will get that , by the way...

when will the kerbol system be completed, or is it another mod entirely etc

Edited by Not a Spy

Kopernicus continued does work with GU, with some bugs tho, but nothing game breaking, you will have to install visuals because there is a bug that makes oceans black if you dont have them

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DylanPruden said:

I would assume so, seeing as they are the densest objects in the universe

I'm no physics expert, but I imagine it will be VERY difficult to get close to a neutron star or black-hole (without WARP) - despite the huge gravity pull.  The fast orbit speed will require huge amounts of power to slow down and get a closer orbit altitude.  Simply getting close to Kerbol is also very difficult and I expect it's difficult to get close to our sun.

I think at some point close enough Newton physics breaks down then the gravity will overwhelm the orbit speed and suck you in.  Simple guess.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see this very different type of star available to explore.

Edited by enewmen

3 hours ago, enewmen said:

I think at some point close enough Newton physics breaks down then the gravity will overwhelm the orbit speed and suck you in.  Simple guess.

For some reason i cant explain, this happens ingame as well. There is a very fast orbital decay when entering orbit even outside the accretion disk.