[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

6 hours ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Isn't Trappist-1 All Rights Reserved? I'd suggest checking the license of the mod you're forking before posting it on the forums.

Everyone is allowed to make their own unique versions of starsystems. I'm after all these years and certain mistakes very well aware how licensing works.

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 9/23/2020 at 7:25 PM, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Isn't Trappist-1 All Rights Reserved? I'd suggest checking the license of the mod you're forking before posting it on the forums.

I mean Trappist-1 system isn't owned by a dude or corporation, he has full right to add that system to his mod. And if someone already has done that system in another ksp mod, that doesn't change the fact that the system isn't owned my the modder that made it.

Edited by Relonsk

On 9/24/2020 at 3:06 AM, Drupegod02 said:

How do you get to these planets? Can anyone recommend mods to use?

KSPI warp or USI warp works but requires a huge amount of science points and the community tech-tree (and some other dependent mods).  The stock game has high-ISP ION drive with time-warp (fast forward thrust), then fast-forward without thrust for (many) years to reach the planet. If you fast-forward years, you still need to manage other missions you have that don't take so long to finish.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

At the moment the new planets aren't released except for test versions that were available on our discord.

I'll ask the question generically then.  Once the update for this mod is released, (OR another developer with a different planet mod), I'm new to this but enjoying the first download from about 3 months ago.  What is the procedure to properly combine the upgraded version with the great new planets into an existing working KSP (same mod into old version or same mod, i.e. overlay, update, upgrade? 
I have not done this in the past.  Do I re-download the entire package and then just put it into Gamedata?  I don't want to lose the saved game with ships orbiting or landed. Thanks

Edited by etoanrish
Want to make clear I'm asking generically. I do not want to destroy my progress.

8 minutes ago, etoanrish said:

I'll ask the question generically then.  Once the update for this mod is released, (OR another developer with a different planet mod), I'm new to this but enjoying the first download from about 3 months ago.  What is the procedure to properly combine the upgraded version with the great new planets into an existing working KSP (same mod into old version or same mod, i.e. overlay, update, upgrade? 
I have not done this in the past.  Do I re-download the entire package and then just put it into Gamedata?  I don't want to lose the saved game with ships orbiting or landed. Thanks

You just redownload everything and replace the previous version

7 hours ago, Maple Kerman said:

I'm assuming that this mod has its own EVE configs?

If so, would I be able to run another visual mod alongside this that only affects the stock system, such as AVP or Spectra?

It has and from what i know, both are not compatible because they do have configs that break mine.

I noticed a lack of configs for the stock planets with GU.  It never dawned on me to let you know because I'm using 1.10.1, which you are still building towards lmao.  I don't want you feeling rushed so I figured I would wait till anything official to even mention it.  But I'm also running (because of the lack of configs in eve for stock planets) AVP.  Nothing on your new planets seem to be broken, but I've painstakingly gone through each planet and made sure they loaded avp for stock and ONLY stock.  Ok so it was more just a 5 minute fix than pain......... lol.  Point being in 1.10.1 at least, they work together.  Nothing strange has happened so far, but that doesn't mean I won't notice some when I finally MAKE IT to one of your planets.  I have a ways to go in science in my career save to get there, but am almost out of places to do it in the kerbin system.  I do have a plan, however, on how to get a few science probes that far without warp when the time comes......... I have 2 sentinel contracts that are almost half way there, and was able to get a satellite with stock engines and fuel tank to launch that far out.............. I'm hoping it doesn't loose power before it gets to the destination, but.......... I didn't have RTG's at the time and I'm fairly sure there will be too little solar power to do anything (if the math from Kopernicus does as it's supposed to, which RTB has done so well on).  This mod seems to work absolutely perfectly.  I cheated a vessel from planet to planet, and your clouds and the such work great on them, and no weird visual bugs noticed.  I have yet to land on them however.  Nor have I gotten close enough to know the safe distance on any of the stars you've made.  Anyway, hope this helps you narrow something down on your end later on when you get the chance.  Feel free to message me later on when you get to the testing portion for new releases, I'm not great at testing but noticing when something borks makes me crosseyed enough to try and track it down to hopefully reproduce the issue or never have it again.   The other thing I have noticed that wasn't there prior to GU, and it goes away without GU installed was a problem in the GUI.  When you load up your visual settings, it has a slider for scatters and quality........ anyway it's the very top slider on the left.  That one usually says no text, or high.  I can put it all the way down, and it does nothing.  Up, same thing.  lmao.  Anyway, nothing I've reported bugs me in the slightest.  I'm just thankful it works. :P

3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

How do I go about hiring Star Crusher to revamp some of OPM for me too? :D 

I'm loving Jool, that looks awesome.

Not that Jool with AVP looks bad, but this Jool looks miles better imo. It would be so awesome to see GU, AVP and OPM working together.

Edited by Merlin1809

2 hours ago, Merlin1809 said:

Will this be compatible with the OPM or is it intended to use GU as a standalone expansion? This looks really good!

Considering these planets are intended as an outer stock system, I'd say it probably shouldn't be mixed with OPM. You'll be able to disable those planets and use OPM instead, though :P