[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

7 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

Super solids probably mean super earths with a very thick mostly H-He atmosphere. (Like Nara in JNSQ)

Exactly, I was just following the charts. Looking for huge rocks that are crazy difficult to land on (and escape!).

I didn't know about JNSQ, played 3000+ hours of KSP and still learning things.

Edited by enewmen

YUP. KSP2 got delayed again to 2023!   I see a big need for more star systems and Galaxies Unbound. Anyway,  in carrier mode, I have enough tech to go Interstellar soon and very ready for GU in KSP 1.10.  With the delay of KSP2, I think there will be a greater need for GU.

https://sea.ign.com/news/165802/kerbal-space-program-2-delayed-again-to-at-least-2022

Edited by enewmen

Hello! I'm new to the forums but i would like to state that I made it run Galaxies Unbound in the 1.10.1 Version. The game was telling me it was only compatible with 1.8.1 but i went to the file "GalaxiesUnbound.version" and set the MAX Version to 1.10.1 Anyone else tried this? It seems to work for me. I mean i can see perfectly the other solar system with the Tracking Station and zoom in/out from everything and everything loads properly. I haven't visited with a vessel yet tho!

Edited by Bootes

@Bootes The purpose of the version file is to let you know what the last version of KSP was, that this mod was tested and confirmed to work on. In the case of KSP 1.8, 1.9 and 1.10 introducing terrain shaders (or fixes for them), it's very convenient and proper that you'll be warned about using this mod in newer KSP. These shaders (and whether they're active) will break a planet mod that hasn't been updated since the shaders started coming. Changing the version file only amounts to silencing the alarm and does not fix any problems.

Not all mods have or need KSP version limits in them, but they will if their makers see it fit to set them. In the case of Galaxies Unbound, this mod is huge and therefore quite a chore to troubleshoot. So it helps the dev to be aware of problems just by letting him know that you're using a particular older (or newer) version of KSP.

On 10/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

WIP Vulcan 

screenshot54.png* the one from Star Trek.

Wait a ùinute, you took the fact that Epsilon Eridani is in fact Vulcan in Star Trek? That small moon arnound the gas giant was in fact Vulcan?

Have those planets and moons been detected as your chart says (their appearance being up to your imagination still).

If that Ball of dirt is only a moon orbiting around a Gas giant, it breaks Star Trek canon completely. It was never stated that Vulcan was a only a moon ! (only that Vulcan didn't have any moon).

Anyway, it looks gorgeous. Now that I have loads of Ram and a a new hard drive, I could make another copy of KSP just for this mod even if that planet is in a WIP part for now.

12 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Wait a ùinute, you took the fact that Epsilon Eridani is in fact Vulcan in Star Trek? That small moon arnound the gas giant was in fact Vulcan?

Have those planets and moons been detected as your chart says (their appearance being up to your imagination still).

If that Ball of dirt is only a moon orbiting around a Gas giant, it breaks Star Trek canon completely. It was never stated that Vulcan was a only a moon ! (only that Vulcan didn't have any moon).

Anyway, it looks gorgeous. Now that I have loads of Ram and a a new hard drive, I could make another copy of KSP just for this mod even if that planet is in a WIP part for now.

It's a planet and it doesn't orbit Epsilon Eridani

12 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Hey

Vulcan can be found in the 40 Eridani system. That's another star system than Epsilon Eridani, but it's in the same constellation. I actually made the entire Vulcan system based on the Trek canon.

No worries :)

Edited by StarCrusher96