[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

Patch 0.1
screenshot73.png

dl.png

This Fixes:

• Various Typos
  • Narath's plants and rocks not showing up.
  • Alva's surface from high up looked weird.
  • C1 and Um's surface.
  • Blalo's atmospheric temperature and density (increased from 1.02 to 1.05 atm).
  • Sunflares interfering with other mods.
  • OnDemand not working properly.
  • Stock EVE clouds not showing up.
  • Sun is again Sun and not Kerbol ;)

Adds:

• Skybox (you need sigma - replacements for this - see installationguide)

--- I'll soon check some visual bugs and fix those and drop them together with IC compat and homeswap.
Meanwhile I disabled the scattererflares and use the GU ones. (because 1 is broken)
IF you however want to turn it back on:
1. Go to GU/GU_Scatterer/config
2. Change - fullLensFlareReplacement = False - to - fullLensFlareReplacement = True -

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Patch 0.1
screenshot73.png

dl.png

This Fixes:

• Various Typos
  • C1 and Um's surface.
  • Blalo's atmospheric temperature and density (increased from 1.02 to 1.05 atm).

Adds:

--- I'll soon check some visual bugs and fix those and drop them together with IC compat and homeswap.
Meanwhile I disabled the scattererflares and use the GU ones. (because 1 is broken)
2. Change - fullLensFlareReplacement = False - to - fullLensFlareReplacement = True -

From here, it gets better and better.

I'm loving this mate, really appreciate the effort you've put in!

May I ask: What is involved in changing the name "Sun" back to "Kerbol"? I kind of liked that, but I'll understand if it's not something you'd support.

My CPU lives in fear of your next release.

screenshot3.jpg

Edited by Jup

7 minutes ago, Jup said:

I'm loving this mate, really appreciate the effort you've put in!

May I ask: What is involved in changing the name "Sun" back to "Kerbol"? I kind of liked that, but I'll understand if it's not something you'd support.

My CPU lives in fear of your next release.

screenshot3.jpg

Most people dont like kerbol as it isn't canon to stock. So i reverted kerbol back to sun.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hey! It looks absolutely amazing! Cannot wait to dip my toes into exploring it!

Just for people out there, this mod seems to be compatible with Galileo's Outer Planets Mod, which is also great.

Aaaah, so much to do now!

Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani compatible with JNSQ?
JNSQ like only the stock system changes.

As far as I understand, GU is a new star systems. GU does not change the stock system.
Can you work together with JNSQ authors?)

Edited by Seere

On 7/29/2019 at 7:01 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Patch 0.1
screenshot73.png

dl.png

This Fixes:

• Various Typos
  • C1 and Um's surface.

Adds:

Welp, I just spent a good few hours fixing the stock clouds thing by manually editing the mod and here i am is fixed

I've been playing with the mod since yesterday and I'm loving it so far. There is one issue that is bothering me though. Can I somehow lower the texture resolution of the planet surfaces? My graphic card doesn't seem to be a fan as I had a serious temperature jump and FPS drop while landing on Syro. The other planets I haven't tested yet, the moons of Syro seem to OK. Thank you!

EDIT: Cail is OK too. The issue arises only with Syro so far.

Edited by Aelipse

4 minutes ago, KingKerb said:

How am I supposed to get to Nova Kirbani? I know there are new engines and fuel tanks but are there also transfer windows too or can you just go whenever you want, and how long does it take to get there.

On the interstellar scale, transfer windows become irrelevant. All that matters is how dV you can pack and how much irl time you can spare for a trip. Point, shoot, enjoy the ride.

I got there with cheats for infinite fuel and the Better Time Warp mod. 

First leave the Kerbol system, preferably in the direction of the Nova Kirbani system. Then set the barycentre or any of the stars there as your target. Set your autopilot to aim at the target, and then you fire those engines and accelerate to as high speeds as possible.

If you fly at 100,000 m/s, you can reach Nova Kirbani in some 500 years, which can be skipped by time-warping 10 million times in some ten minutes or so.

I am currently devising new engines for the purpose of interstellar travel as the engines packed in this mod are way too overpowered for me. You might also wanna try out some of the Warp Drive mods out there.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

On the interstellar scale, transfer windows become irrelevant. All that matters is how dV you can pack and how much irl time you can spare for a trip. Point, shoot, enjoy the ride.

Just now, Aelipse said:

I got there with cheats for infinite fuel and the Better Time Warp mod. 

First leave the Kerbol system, preferably in the direction of the Nova Kirbani system. Then set the barycentre or any of the stars there as your target. Set your autopilot to aim at the target, and then you fire those engines and accelerate to as high speeds as possible.

If you fly at 100,000 m/s, you can reach Nova Kirbani in some 500 years, which can be skipped by time-warping 10 million times in some ten minutes or so.

I am currently devising new engines for the purpose of interstellar travel as the engines packed in this mod are way too overpowered for me. You might also wanna try out some of the Warp Drive mods out there.

Ok, so I do have to use better timewarp, I was thinking that the stock timewarp would take about 30 minutes. Seeing as there aren't any transfer windows I might just launch a probe now and build a massive Jool base while I'm waiting for it to get there.

You might wanna initiate your escape burn when you're on the opposite side from Nova Kirbani, with Kerbol between you and your destination. Without better time warp you'd spend literally hours to days before you got there. Try warping for 400 - 500 years with the stock time warp and see how long it takes.

10 minutes ago, Aelipse said:

I am currently devising new engines for the purpose of interstellar travel as the engines packed in this mod are way too overpowered for me.

In that 500 years kerbalkind's technology would reach the point where OP becomes just enough though...

3 minutes ago, Aelipse said:

You might wanna initiate your escape burn when you're on the opposite side from Nova Kirbani, with Kerbol between you and your destination. Without better time warp you'd spend literally hours to days before you got there. Try warping for 400 - 500 years with the stock time warp and see how long it takes.

Definitely using better timewarp and Extraplanetary launchpads, because 10 minutes of timewarp is still pretty long and I only want to do it once, so I'm building my ships at Nova Kirbani instead of sending them over from Kerbin.

I'm not against powerful technology, it just has to be balanced in some way. I'm working on a hyperdrive engine that can only be used once, like an SRB of sorts, but super-powerful. That way you can't really exploit it within the Kerbol system and only use it for interstellar travel.