Jump to content

[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

The fix will be in the next kopernicus release so there is none atm.

There is a temporary bandaid patch in the Kopernicus thread that should work for stock and JNSQ. I’m here to look into GU to see what needs changing to make it compatible with that (if anything). 

What I’d like to know to tweak the patch is the name and template used for any celestial body that do not have an ocean, but do have a surface (not gas giants/stars). 

I’m not very Kopernicus-savvy so I patched by name. If you know an easier way to discern hasTerrain && !hasOcean, i’m all ears.

cheers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jognt said:

There is a temporary bandaid patch in the Kopernicus thread that should work for stock and JNSQ. I’m here to look into GU to see what needs changing to make it compatible with that (if anything). 

What I’d like to know to tweak the patch is the name and template used for any celestial body that do not have an ocean, but do have a surface (not gas giants/stars). 

I’m not very Kopernicus-savvy so I patched by name. If you know an easier way to discern hasTerrain && !hasOcean, i’m all ears.

cheers. 

here they are: 

Spoiler

Alva  - Laythe

C1 - Gilly

Leyn - Tylo

Rav - Tylo

Alar - Tylo

Elno - Laythe

Irnil - Tylo

Cail - Tylo

Syro - Laythe

Tur - Tylo

Setha - Tylo 

Um-1 - Gilly

Nyss - Laythe

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

here they are: 

  Hide contents

Alva  - Laythe

C1 - Gilly

Leyn - Tylo

Rav - Tylo

Alar - Tylo

Elno - Laythe

Irnil - Tylo

Cail - Tylo

Syro - Laythe

Tur - Tylo

Setha - Tylo 

Um-1 - Gilly

Nyss - Laythe

 

Cheers thanks. What template/name did you use for gaseous bodies/stars? (may be more practical for an exclusion patch instead of inclusion)

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

gaseous body uses Laythe, and stars - sun.

Laythe? Not Jool?

that’d require some creativity :/ though the mod will still work, just verry laggy without new Kopernicus or the patch. 

Edited by Jognt
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dryo said:

Alright, I did it.

One question, is Java related to KSP or your modpack?

no :) i dont think it's related to anything with KSP.

If you can play KSP without mods it shouldn't.

You did read and follow the installationguide?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

no :) i dont think it's related to anything with KSP.

If you can play KSP without mods it shouldn't.

You did read and follow the installationguide?

Which one? Kopernicus?

Edited by Dryo
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Read it and try again. Here my support ends.
 

Yeah, it worked but the planets are without texture, thank you. But no problem., from now on leave it to me.

Edited by Dryo
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 1:58 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

because they're eclipsed :p they turn solid black. If you timewarp they should fix themself.

You were right)
Another question just arose.
In the main menu - settings - graphics, in the option "Terrain Detail" what to choose?
There are options: Low - Default - High - Galaxies Unbound LOW - Galaxies Unbound Medium - Galaxies Unbound High - JNSQ Low - JNSQ Default - JNSQ High.    In this order.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seere said:

You were right)
Another question just arose.
In the main menu - settings - graphics, in the option "Terrain Detail" what to choose?
There are options: Low - Default - High - Galaxies Unbound LOW - Galaxies Unbound Medium - Galaxies Unbound High - JNSQ Low - JNSQ Default - JNSQ High.    In this order.
 

The galaxies unbound settings are temporary broken (fixed them for next patch)

i tend to use default or high :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I don't know if this is a bug in this mod specifically, haven't tested it out fully yet, but I'm having some pretty major issues with the navball (it just starts spinning wildly when I get near this star system). Also the maneuver nodes seem to break pretty much completely under the same circumstances (I set a node and without any thrust the delta-v meter immediately starts climbing, I had one that doubled in 2 minutes...). This is kinda a bit of a hinderance to gameplay for me as I like using some of the subluminal interstellar engines from KSPIE. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Phoebe Bug
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phoebe Bug said:

Ok, I don't know if this is a bug in this mod specifically, haven't tested it out fully yet, but I'm having some pretty major issues with the navball (it just starts spinning wildly when I get near this star system). Also the maneuver nodes seem to break pretty much completely under the same circumstances (I set a node and without any thrust the delta-v meter immediately starts climbing, I had one that doubled in 2 minutes...). This is kinda a bit of a hinderance to gameplay for me as I like using some of the subluminal interstellar engines from KSPIE. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I think this happens while in the soi of the barycenter?

i'll look into fixing this.

Edited by StarCrusher96
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...