[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

StarCrusher96

Yeah but I was referring to Star Crusher's screenshot moreso... although it doesn't look exactly like a Sandworm, didn't the Sarlacc reside in a pit rather than on top of the sand dunes?

I'm no big Star Wars fan so feel free to educate me. :D

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Yeah but I was referring to Star Crusher's screenshot moreso... although it doesn't look exactly like a Sandworm, didn't the Sarlacc reside in a pit rather than on top of the sand dunes?

Ah, yeah it does kinda look like a Sandworm! And yeah the sarlacc did live in a pit, just the *thing* reminded me of a sarlacc lol

On 9/15/2020 at 8:15 PM, StoneWolfPC said:

I have no idea how I would reach this new system with stock parts however lmao.

You don't. Lol.

• That's like expecting IRL to launch any meaningful payload to Saturn (planet) on a Saturn (rocket). And by "meaningful payload" I mean something at least as heavy as a Mars Direct facility.
  • That's like expecting Starship™ to actually be a star ship.

All these planets are beautiful. But unfortunately, there are simply no such excellent ways to get to them (even using the KSP-I) ... except for the Warp Drive and the titanic antimatter rocket. ;.; Daedalus, a interstellar salt water nuclear engine (new fission engine KSP-I), z-pinch, is all well and good, but according to CANON, it allows, at best, to reach the system in 100+ years.

Edited by OOM

7 minutes ago, OOM said:

All these planets are beautiful. But unfortunately, there are simply no such excellent ways to get to them (even using the KSP-I) ... except for the Warp Drive and the titanic antimatter rocket. ;.; Daedalus, a interstellar salt water nuclear engine (new fission engine KSP-I), z-pinch, is all well and good, but according to CANON, it allows, at best, to reach the system in 100+ years.

GU adds two simple fusion engines and some integration patches. And you can try B9HX Reconfig, too.

15 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

GU adds two simple fusion engines and some integration patches. And you can try B9HX Reconfig, too.

There are 4 options here: 1. Use full Sci-Fi from KSP-I like Warp Drive. Effective but boring.
2. Build huge rockets of antimatter from KSP-I in orbit. Less effective.
3. Build thermonuclear missiles "based on 21st century technologies" like Daedalus, Z-Pinch from KSP-I. Interesting but ineffective.
4. Just look at the cold night sky and not fly anywhere beyond the Kerbin system. Seems like the best option.......

Edited by OOM

3 hours ago, OOM said:

There are 4 options here: 1. Use full Sci-Fi from KSP-I like Warp Drive. Effective but boring.
2. Build huge rockets of antimatter from KSP-I in orbit. Less effective.
3. Build thermonuclear missiles "based on 21st century technologies" like Daedalus, Z-Pinch from KSP-I. Interesting but ineffective.
4. Just look at the cold night sky and not fly anywhere beyond the Kerbin system. Seems like the best option.......

I got to Alpha Centauri with GU engines in 16 years. Sirius in 73 (took me slightly longer because Sirius B threw me off course. I have yet to make the journey to Epsilon Eridani.

Use better Timewarp and your 'issue' is solved.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I'm new to this but enjoying the first download from about 3 months ago.  What is the procedure to get the upgraded version with the great new planets?  Have not done this in the past.  Do I re-download the entire package and then just put it into Gamedata?  I don't want to lose the saved game with ships orbiting or landed.  Are there planet changes that might be a problem for existing ships? Thanks

3 hours ago, etoanrish said:

I'm new to this but enjoying the first download from about 3 months ago.  What is the procedure to get the upgraded version with the great new planets?  Have not done this in the past.  Do I re-download the entire package and then just put it into Gamedata?  I don't want to lose the saved game with ships orbiting or landed.  Are there planet changes that might be a problem for existing ships? Thanks

At the moment the new planets aren't released except for test versions that were available on our discord.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Trappist-1 is back in dev.
screenshot392.png

Isn't Trappist-1 All Rights Reserved? I'd suggest checking the license of the mod you're forking before posting it on the forums.

EDIT: I am a japing fool. An idiot, if you will. I am now going to exile myself for my small brain crimes.

Edited by Thatguywholikesionengines
im dumb

14 minutes ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Isn't Trappist-1 All Rights Reserved? I'd suggest checking the license of the mod you're forking before posting it on the forums.

I don't think StarCrusher's interpretation of the Trappist system is a fork.