StarCrusher96

[1.8.1] Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani [1.2.3-1] [08 February 2020]

6 hours ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Isn't Trappist-1 All Rights Reserved? I'd suggest checking the license of the mod you're forking before posting it on the forums.

Everyone is allowed to make their own unique versions of starsystems. I'm after all these years and certain mistakes very well aware how licensing works.

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 9/23/2020 at 7:25 PM, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

Isn't Trappist-1 All Rights Reserved? I'd suggest checking the license of the mod you're forking before posting it on the forums.

I mean Trappist-1 system isn't owned by a dude or corporation, he has full right to add that system to his mod. And if someone already has done that system in another ksp mod, that doesn't change the fact that the system isn't owned my the modder that made it.

Edited by Relonsk

On 9/24/2020 at 3:06 AM, Drupegod02 said:

How do you get to these planets? Can anyone recommend mods to use?

KSPI warp or USI warp works but requires a huge amount of science points and the community tech-tree (and some other dependent mods).  The stock game has high-ISP ION drive with time-warp (fast forward thrust), then fast-forward without thrust for (many) years to reach the planet. If you fast-forward years, you still need to manage other missions you have that don't take so long to finish.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

At the moment the new planets aren't released except for test versions that were available on our discord.

I'll ask the question generically then.  Once the update for this mod is released, (OR another developer with a different planet mod), I'm new to this but enjoying the first download from about 3 months ago.  What is the procedure to properly combine the upgraded version with the great new planets into an existing working KSP (same mod into old version or same mod, i.e. overlay, update, upgrade? 
I have not done this in the past.  Do I re-download the entire package and then just put it into Gamedata?  I don't want to lose the saved game with ships orbiting or landed. Thanks

Edited by etoanrish
Want to make clear I'm asking generically. I do not want to destroy my progress.

8 minutes ago, etoanrish said:

I'll ask the question generically then.  Once the update for this mod is released, (OR another developer with a different planet mod), I'm new to this but enjoying the first download from about 3 months ago.  What is the procedure to properly combine the upgraded version with the great new planets into an existing working KSP (same mod into old version or same mod, i.e. overlay, update, upgrade? 
I have not done this in the past.  Do I re-download the entire package and then just put it into Gamedata?  I don't want to lose the saved game with ships orbiting or landed. Thanks

You just redownload everything and replace the previous version

@etoanrish

In case of GU you better always just remove the previous version and replace it with the new one. Overwriting an older version will result in issues because i tend to restructure the mod between versions. Same thing for other mods btw.