Math educations in your country

ZZYZZY

There are lots of people around me says that Chinese math education is more difficult than in other countries. So I want to know the truth. Tell me the math educations in grade 7-9 in your country.

Algebraic part:1, rational number, irrational numbers, real numbers 2, integer, fractional, two times root 3, unary equation, unary two equations, two (three) meta equations, two unknows two equations, fractional equations, one-dimensional inequality 4, functions (primary function, two quadratic function, inverse proportional function) 5, statistical preliminary

geometric part 1, Line segments, corners 2, intersecting lines, parallel lines 3, triangles 4, quadrilateral 5, similar shapes 6, circles

I use bing translater, if you can' t understand it, take look at these Chinese words.

代数部分:

1、有理数、无理数、实数
2、整式、分式、二次根式
3、一元一次方程、一元二次方程、二(三)元一次方程组、二元二次方程组、分式方程、一元一次不等式
4、函数(一次函数、二次函数、反比例函数)
5、统计初步

几何部分:

1、线段、角
2、相交线、平行线
3、三角形
4、四边形
5、相似形
6、圆

Edited by ZZYZZY

Those seem pretty similar to topics I learned around that age in the USA. It could be the method of teaching that is harder - here I've learned a lot of conceptual stuff like processes and the teachers don't usually bother to make you do very complex operations or memorize everything unless it's really useful, like the unit circle. Do you need to memorize a lot, or do very tricky and complicated problems?

With notable and famous exception of USA, mathematics classes curriculums are pretty much the same around the world. There are some local variations of the curriculum depending on the type of school (trade schools will obviously have less demanding curriculum than gymnasiums), but same types of schools around the world generally have same curriculum.

However, there are serious worldwide variations regarding the way it's taught. The worst examples of failed pedagogy are present in eastern Asia, notably Japan, and the consequences are high levels of student suicides. It's oriented towards brute force education, with memorizing lots of stuff, little to no creativity, etc.

AFAIK the best teaching is present in Scandinavian countries.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.