To do what no kerbal has done before

Sweetnsaltyish

31 minutes ago, Sweetnsaltyish said:

okay, I am starting on a huge project,  i am going to put a man made ring around the mun,  and im halfway there, what should the uses be?

Good luck!

If you accomplish it you will most likely be declared a god on this game

Builds in the game can't be larger than the physics range limit. Parts too far from the center would not spawn. There have been changes to this over the years but I think the largest possible build would have a radius of 2.2kms. 

This sounds like the kind of thing @bewing would know. 

In space, the default physics range is 15 km. But that applies to the CoMs of two separate ships -- so it would be a problem during the "building" process, when the destination ship was something like 30km across. You wouldn't be able to dock a new piece to the ends.

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Well, then, technically you could put a ring around OPM moon Hale. This blob has a radius of 6km - that means the diameter is more or less 12km, and that fits within 15km range if my math is correct.

Or the tiny moon orbiting Tellumo in GPP. 

On 4/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, Sweetnsaltyish said:

What i meant was that i'm halfway done designing it , sorry

If you're having fun with the design, then great.  :)  Just be aware that for the reasons described above, it's likely physically impossible to actually build, so please don't be disappointed.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:21 AM, Vanamonde said:

Builds in the game can't be larger than the physics range limit. Parts too far from the center would not spawn. There have been changes to this over the years but I think the largest possible build would have a radius of 2.2kms. 

This sounds like the kind of thing @bewing would know. 

Well, the Physics Range Extender works, but you'll get the consequences for extending the limit onto infinity (My previous system of satellites escaped Kerbol (From Mun, Minmus & Kerbin orbit onto Kerbol (IIRC I had 2 relays on Kerbol orbit), and so on) for doing that but who cares, you can always terminate them and launch a new one).

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.