Keyboard and mouse

Console players really need keyboard and mouse support but idk why squad won't add/talk about it. I emailed blitworks because they are in charge of porting but they said "thanks for emailing us but try support@kerbalspaceprogram witch I have done before and nothing happens because I emailed them months ago I think in January somebody help please!!!

On April 10, 2019 at 8:54 AM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Have you tried posting this in the Suggestions and Development subforum? This might be the wrong area to post, seeming as this is about game crashes and help

Yeah I did like two weeks ago and nobody responded

On 4/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, sicko kerman said:

Yeah I did like two weeks ago and nobody responded

It's a hard thing to respond to.   First off, as players/users, the vast majority of us are not familiar with exactly how a console would natively implement K&M into a game.  So you're not going to get a lot of suggestions from the user base.   And since the console version isn't moddable, you won't get any help from that crew of players either, since they want to help out, but can't. 

Secondly, This falls into unsteady ground for Squad (et al) to address.   It will end up putting them in one of three positions.   All of them are bad. 

1. Squad announces K&M support for the console version, release date unknown.  The lack of a concrete date upsets a lot of people.
  2. Squads announces their intentions to never support K&M.   This also upsets a lot of people.
  3. Squads announces they will support it, but fails.   This upsets even more people.  

Now, as you can see, anything they do say about it will lead to some people getting angry.   It is usually best in these types of scenarios for them to stay quiet on a subject until they can guarantee it will be in the next update, that's the way to upset the fewest number of people.   It might seem that scenario #1 would be a good option, just to appease the masses, but if for some reason, they can't do it (technically, logistically, or contractually), then they are in #3, and a lot of people would be very angry. 

The devs do read these forums. They do listen.   But they cannot respond without getting hopes up about something that might never happen.

*Gives everyone using consoles a huge USB cord*

At this point there are so many people backing it that the complaint can't be ignored anymore...

Edited by Fraston

(this is me speaking as a console gamer who does not play Ksp on console)

speaking from a technology standpoint  it  should be possible on xbox, i don't know about ps4(if it is on ps4) i'm not so sure...

but the dev team is probably busy with all the work that they have been doing i think this would be worthwhile. I mean i don't usually play with a joystick, but i imagine there would be a massive outcry if there was no joystick support on pc or mac

2 minutes ago, lapis said:

i imagine there would be a massive outcry if there was no joystick support on pc or mac

or if there weren't support for this abomination:PLIGSoC.jpg

Edited by Fraston

I  agree  with  gargamel  on  his  bullet  points, the  one  thing  I  don't  understand  though  is  that  both  consoles  have  native  kb/m  support,  so  it  shouldn't  be  that  hard, right?

Actually  now  that  I  think  about  it, it  would  probably  be  a  PITA, since  ksp  enhanced  was  built  from  the  ground  up  with  controllers  in  mind

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.