Thread to discuss negative things in a very general way, just see where it goes y'know?

DAL59

And for my next complaint, I'll complain that the price of gas has been bouncing between $1.30 and $1.50/liter lately (I know that's nothing to Europeans). It's making me really want an EV. But nothing else compares to a Tesla, and at the rate they innovate I don't really want a used one, which aren't much cheaper anyways. And affording a Tesla is a bit of a stretch. And when I look at the website here, it's only $10k more for the AWD version, or about $130/month, which is even more of a stretch, but at that point it's like why not go whole hog?

*grumblegrumble* I need to buy a (winning!) lotto ticket or two. A happy wife is a happy life and all, but that can also get expensive...

5 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

*grumblegrumble* I need to buy a (winning!) lotto ticket or two.

Most places here sell only those fake non winning ones, which wouldn't be a problem if they told you in advance, but here you have to buy it first, and only later you find out if it's good or not.

I think I might lodge a complaint with the consumer protection agency. That sort of bussines practice would not fly when buying lemons.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:36 AM, richfiles said:

My complaint... I'm broke and I can't afford a 3D resin printer, nor the new Nintendo Switch games I want. I also appear to be developing a cold. :/

Agree with you so much about wanting a resin 3d printer..man that would be cool! My daughter tho got a Nintendo Switch from us last Christmas (would love that for myself) and not a cold for me ......... yet!

3 hours ago, cubinator said:

I only got ONE thing of ketchup for my chicken...it's not enough! What an outrage! I am slightly disheveled over this.

One packet of ketchup isn't enough for anything. I need at least 3 for a small fry. Though for chicken...

1 hour ago, razark said:

You misspelled "too many".

...I have to second this.

5 hours ago, cubinator said:

I only got ONE thing of ketchup for my chicken...it's not enough! What an outrage! I am slightly disheveled over this.

What exactly biological form do you call "chicken"?

And why do you feed it with such strange diet?

2 hours ago, razark said:

You misspelled "too many".

You can't drown a chicken in just one droplet.

Edited by kerbiloid

3 hours ago, cubinator said:

What kind of math, might I ask?

Geometry. I know, not that hard, and yes I'm not in any super tough classes, but I've always just been bad at Algebra and as of right now we're doing a unit about using algebra in geometry.

3 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Social anxiety is beautiful, thinking all the time about how I appear to others and what they think about me

What I did (and it wasn't actual diagnosed anxiety, I can't help with that) was just judge other people as harshly as how much I thought they were judging me. Now I'm just judgemental instead of being judgemental and anxious. 

If you can, see someone who knows more about this than someone who hasn't taken any psychology classes.

My complaint... What on Earth is going on with Shapeways! My $60 cart with some Apollo style switch tabs is now suddenly $300! :0.0:
Their prices have gone so high, that it would cost me the same to BUY THE 3D PRINTER and DO IT MYSELF, than give them money to do it!

Is Shapeways self destructing, or something? Big yikes!

*EDIT
And now it's $150. I don't think even THEY know what they're doing right now!?!? :huh:

Edited by richfiles

11 hours ago, richfiles said:

Their prices have gone so high, that it would cost me the same to BUY THE 3D PRINTER and DO IT MYSELF, than give them money to do it!

Why not just do that then? Plus you get parts in your house for basically just the cost of filament in the future, if you ever decide that you're unhappy with a certain part.

3 hours ago, richfiles said:

I want to, but income to bill ratio is just too close. Maybe tax refund season.

Monoprice has open-box printers for $89.  Microcenter has decent filament for $15/kg.

They're not the best printer out there, but if you're just making switches...

Gas prices, I want to do donuts and burnouts at the local orphanage but these prices are making me think twice about it, they just keep going up

On 10/24/2019 at 8:21 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Social anxiety is beautiful, thinking all the time about how I appear to others and what they think about me

that's not social anxiety

Edited by Guest

A month and a half ago, my sole coworker (and department lead) left for greener pastures. 

I've talked to my manager twice since then.  The first conversation was basically: "We haven't decided what's going to happen."  The second was a simple greeting at a directorate picnic.

I've heard from my supervisor once.  Nothing more than: "Your monthly report is due by the 6th."  That was at the end of September.

Today, I got an email from my new supervisor, a person that I've never even heard of before.  Telling me my monthly is due by COB Thursday.

I think it might be time to drag out my resume and make sure it's up to date.  :/

On 10/27/2019 at 11:55 AM, Geonovast said:

Monoprice has open-box printers for $89.  Microcenter has decent filament for $15/kg.
They're not the best printer out there, but if you're just making switches...

Well, I'd not just be making switch tabs. I'm also a model railroader... A VERY BAD hobby for anyone with a light wallet.

If I'm gonna put money down on a 3D printer, I'd rather take the time to save up for a good resin printer. N scale is a 1:160 ratio, so the small details need to be very fine. I've seen amazing results with 3D resin printed model detail parts. A filament printer just doesn't have the detail level I'd want for modeling, and a cheap filament printer would likely be even less useful.