Do you want Mün Base für Computer Players?

releansol

Do you want the "Exclusive Console Mün Base" for Computer Players?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Mün or bust!

• Noooooooo! Don't touchy da game Squad!
    • Meeh, if I could deactive it by settings, it's ok
    • Yes please, I wanna this feature!
    • I'm a console player, so this poll is not my problem

Voted to have it but via 'deactivate by settings'

What I would really love is a few more stock launch sites and airfields around Kerbin.  I know there are mods that do this, but I'm already choc full of mods and don't want to take any more performance hits.

Edited by Red Stapler

I get why some players like this but it really seems against the spirit of the game so I'd prefer not to have or at least the option to turn it off. This is a game about building things, so you should really have to construct anything in space and deliver it there yourself. 

47 minutes ago, Tweeker said:

It would really depend on how it was implemented,

I would like it if it was something you had to build over time,  maybe by flying mission to bring certain resources to the location.

what if it was unlocked as the last tech in the tree worth like 5k science?

Maybe we should ask why it was implemented in the console version.

An easy-to-do salve for a sub-community who have been badly treated with a buggy and outdated product? Or something to help more of that sub-community actually make it to the Mun when it is much harder on the console version with it's clunky interface and lack of mods?

Whatever the reason, there seems little desire to implement in the same way for the PC too. If it is done then it should be implemented differently to the other launch sites. I suggest making it something requiring construction by the delivery of large components to the site, or after completing completing a very difficult contract like a Jool-5, making it an end-game activity. 

13 hours ago, SlinkyMcman said:

what if it was unlocked as the last tech in the tree worth like 5k science?

I mean, maybe, and if its something off by default that I can just as easily ignore Im not too fussed about it either way. 

When I say its against the spirit of the game I mean that so much of its fundamental design is based on simplified but plausible current technology. Its difficult but plausible to manufacture fuel on other worlds by converting ice and co2, but in Elon Musks wildest dreams we will not be producing precision rocket components off-world for a long, long time. Im totally cool with the other Kerbin launch sites. Its pretty reasonable to imagine these are supplied by the kind of infrastructure a home-planet has, but off-world launch sites seem something else entirely. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

14 hours ago, EchoLima said:

A magical launchpad shouldn't appear in any progression based game (career, science). It could be cool to have it in sandbox though, provided it could be disabled in settings. 

I agree. It'd be nice to have the launchpad so I can test landers without having to use hyperedit which often just teleports me into the ground

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.