Extremely long loading time from VAB/SPH to Launchpad

I play on a modded 1.5.1 save and it almost always takes over a minute for KSP to load the launchpad after I hit the "Launch Craft" button. I have 34 mods installed though, so is this to be expected or is something wrong?

More information:

• I'm playing on an SSD
  • I'm playing on the 64 bit version of KSP
  • The waiting time is fairly consistent regardless of how many parts the craft I'm launching has. (1 part has near the same loading time as 100, although it does get slightly longer w/ more parts)
  • Reverting to the VAB/SPH takes a lot less time than launching the craft does.
  • I have yet to test this, but it really seems like the longer I play the game the longer the loading takes. (E.g. if I'm on my 5th launch it might take 20 seconds longer to load than my 1st launch did.)
  • I set the Terrain Detail, Render Quality, and Scatter Density set as high as they can go. (In the Graphics section of the default KSP settings)
  • I have 3 visual mods: Scatterer, DistantObjectEnhancement, and PlanetShine.

I also have the mod MemGraph, which I installed due to a RAM overflow issue I was having. Based on the advice of a fellow forum user, I set MemGraph padheap.cfg to 4096mb. I could increase that all the way to 16,384mb though, as I now have 32GB of RAM on my PC. I don't think changing any of that would help for this particular issue, but I don't really know so I thought I'd mention it.

Thank you!

Edit: Okay so I've done a bit more testing. The first time I launch a craft it's very quick, but the longer I spend in the VAB/SPH or just the longer I spend in the game, that time quickly increases. For example if I boot up the game, go to the VAB, and instantly launch a craft, the load time would be around 9 seconds. However if I spend 10 minutes in the VAB/SPH before launching, the load time would go up to ~1 minute. And after my first one minute loading time, it's always one minute regardless of how long I spend in the VAB/SPH. Due to this I am suspecting a RAM issue of some sort.

Edited by The_8_Bit_Zombie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.