Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit - Dev Thread

benjee10

On 6/6/2019 at 6:16 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Question: Will this include a decoupler for the SRBs? If so, can you add it to ReDirect, when/if you make it?

I do plan to add SRB decouplers to reDIRECT, yes.

canadarm_04.jpg

canadarm_05.jpg

Canadarm test version is now available on the GitHub - you will need the Breaking Ground DLC for these to function for now, but I will be adding an Infernal Robotics Next patch in the future for those without the DLC/prefer the IR implementation. I'm looking for feedback on good values to use as the basis for Torque/Traverse Rate. At the moment 1% traverse speed and 2-5% torque seems to work nicely. 

15 hours ago, Munarmunar said:

The arm looks nice, it just woobles as the craft flies but it does it work.

Any posiblity we can get a craft file with the arm?

What torque/traverse rate are you using? Trying to avoid those issues if we can.

The final release will include craft files for sure, but as things are still being tweaked it doesn't make sense to release one as of yet as some balance changes (for example fuel volume) are not automatically propagated into already saved ships (you need to place the part again for it to update). 

5 hours ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Loving the Candarm, would it be possible for those with the DLC to be able to choose between Breaking Grounds robotics or IR Next's robotics?

The plan for the patch is that if you have IR Next installed it will automatically assume you want to use that over Breaking Ground, but of course the patch could be removed which would default it to using Breaking Ground. 

4 hours ago, Munarmunar said:

For some reasons, the plumes of the RCS aren't appearing for me?

Do i need RealPlume or something??

Ah, my bad, that's me forgetting to bundle dependencies again. Uses PlumeParty which is now properly bundled in today's GitHub release. 

This thing is starting to feel more and more complete: 

shuttleOrbit_01.jpg

shuttleOrbit_02.jpg

shuttleOrbit_03.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019-06-11_at_20.38.17.png 

On 6/12/2019 at 1:14 AM, benjee10 said:

Ah, my bad, that's me forgetting to bundle dependencies again. Uses PlumeParty which is now properly bundled in today's GitHub release. 

This thing is starting to feel more and more complete: 

shuttleOrbit_01.jpg

shuttleOrbit_02.jpg

shuttleOrbit_03.jpg

Screen_Shot_2019-06-11_at_20.38.17.png 

Tried these out a few hours ago, i have to say they're awesome!

The bay nodes are going to be very helpful to release cargo to my Spaceport! :D. However it seems like i can dock the shuttle docking port to a normal one. Is that a bug or it just normal?

1 hour ago, Munarmunar said:

Tried these out a few hours ago, i have to say they're awesome!

The bay nodes are going to be very helpful to release cargo to my Spaceport! :D. However it seems like i can dock the shuttle docking port to a normal one. Is that a bug or it just normal?

Cheers!

The shuttle APAS port shouldn't be able to dock with the stock Clamp-O-Tron, no. Which KSP version are you using? 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, Munarmunar said:

I'm using 1.7.2, but yesterday i used 1.7.1

Interesting, I can't replicate that on my end I'm afraid, docking ports seem to be working as intended. 

There is a new update on the GitHub which interfaces nicely with the latest reDIRECT dev version, giving you a proper ET decoupler & SRB decouplers. Also added an IVA for the Orbiter Docking System.

externalTank2.jpg

We are quite close to completion now, it is mostly just polishing everything up and adding a couple of parts to round out the roster and then we'll be good to go! 

9 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Interesting, I can't replicate that on my end I'm afraid, docking ports seem to be working as intended. 

There is a new update on the GitHub which interfaces nicely with the latest reDIRECT dev version, giving you a proper ET decoupler & SRB decouplers. Also added an IVA for the Orbiter Docking System.

externalTank2.jpg

We are quite close to completion now, it is mostly just polishing everything up and adding a couple of parts to round out the roster and then we'll be good to go! 

Alright m8! Will test these out when i install it!

Also are you planning to add Modular Launch Pads as an optional mod? It can  be used i tried it, needs a bit of offsetting but it does the trick

Edited by Munarmunar

29 minutes ago, IvanOV-104 said:

I've been playing with this mod and it is really fun, but I'm having probems with the radial decoupler for the ET from reDIRECT, it doesn't decouple, when I stage it nothing happens

How are you attaching the decoupler? It only decouples from the node that attaches to the orbiter.

6 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

Could someone explain how the shuttle is supposed to go on the tank? i cant seem to find the "hidden node" that it must attach to...

Screen_Shot_2019-06-19_at_18.34.40.png

Screen_Shot_2019-06-19_at_18.34.45.png

Make sure you do a clean install of both reDIRECT and Shuttle Orbiter, NOT a merge. If you merge the folders then there's a possibility that the old models & node configurations wouldn't be loaded. 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:59 PM, IvanOV-104 said:

Oh, I couldn't find the node

But thanks anyway, I'll try it when I play again

56 minutes ago, DriftedCougar said:

Could someone explain how the shuttle is supposed to go on the tank? i cant seem to find the "hidden node" that it must attach to...

OK, just looked into it and this is actually my bad - looks like GitHub didn't sync the release properly when I pushed it so the .cfg and model with the ET attach nodes didn't upload correctly. I've resynced it now and it should work correctly. 

46 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

can you include a .craft file of the STS booster stack, as part of ReDirect or this? I really cant figure out how to attach the SRBs?

I will be including craft files further down the line. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.