• New Parts
    • Terraforming
    • New planets
    • Life support
    • UI overhaul
    • New space center facility
    • Planet Revamp

8 hours ago, JERONIMO said:

My opinion, everything is great in this poll, exept the life support, KSP becomes less casual so yeah, you get the deal, reminder, it's an opinion

Same, although I would be okay if there was a setting to toggle the life support.

Edited by KingKerb

There isn't really a category for this but I'd love to see a transfer window finder and alarm clock. An in-flight action group editor would be cool too. That would pretty much close out the flight tools for me.

The main thing I've always wanted to see in stock, largely because no modders have tried to tackle it, are surface features--things like hot-springs, volcanoes, geologic formations and maybe even signs of life like fossils or bacteria. Like @razark points out there really isn't much to do or explore once you get to where you're going. Bringing the planets surfaces to life with a more robust and accessible system of anomalies and interactive ground-scatter that you could map from orbit and collect science from would go a long way to deepening the experience. 

And for anyone who hasn't tried it life support its a pretty great time. I think USI's habitation mechanic is maybe ever so slightly overcomplicated but having a simple LS system with supplies, recyclers, greenhouses and habitation parts could really open the game up. Not only does it bring in time as a design consideration it creates the reason to build bases and stations. This is probably too much for 1.8 but a Making the Future DLC with LS, hab modules and centrifuges, a few VASIMR engines, nuclear reactors, etc. would be pretty great. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

11 hours ago, Challyss said:

Overkill for stock kerbol system IMHO.

I agree, it's useless for the stock game. I'd very much consider it when/if the game ever develops the outer system of planets, maybe/hopefully endorsing OPM.

But for stock game... total overkill.

As much as I'd like to see new planets and satellites, I'm afraid the developers would take the usual path of taking a mod idea and replicating it in a poor way instead of adopting it fully. We've seen it with Kethane and ISRU.

Outer Planets Mod is IMHO one of the best mods ever to be made for this game and I think anything but implementing it would be unfair to the modders. It has become a staple extension for many players.

Life support is a similar issue. I wouldn't mind seeing something like a light Kerbalism. One resource to consume (and produce onboard using electricity and waste) and health points affected by exposure to heat and ionizing radiation (radiation belts are a really cool part of Kerbalism). Immersive, fun and makes you care about Kerbals even more. All could be available as an option in settings, just like heat and electricity are.

However, my opinion is that the most critical part of KSP is, besides correcting bugs, is the way planets look. It's outdated. They are "waxy balls of nothing" that require both content and visual redesign. Elementary form of Scatterer affecting atmosphere would make them look decent. Strong skybox attenuation in daylight conditions (feature of Distant Object Enhancement) would make it look less goofy and more immersive. Planetshine gives immersive visuals in low orbit. With all these things combined I don't even yearn for clouds (which are really difficult to implement with Unity without sacrificing lots of computer resources).

Content wise, years ago I suggested Kerbals having an option to pick up various rocks and minerals spawning randomly, which would make roving around actually useful. Bringing back such items to put them in a museum after the researchers examine them could yield plenty of science points and funds for career and science mode, not to mention the fun of searching for really rare ones.

Roving around Mün while some detector beeps faster and faster, then finding a special mineral... what's not to love?

13F4B365AB9CB2811C6A19A1E5BDDD1E17614119

Kerbol is an uggo star that also needs some love Scatterer gives it with a blinding glow.

14 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Terraforming would be amazing

Since KSP strives towards realism, and terraforming is a pipedream for societies that fly through space using engines that spit fire (it's a distant future applicable to "Star Trek"), I would actually vote against this. Space is harsh, and we/Kerbals are a speck of dust. KSP constantly reminds you of it and I love it.

Edited by lajoswinkler

I went with In-Flight Action Group Editor.  Not necessarily highest on my list, but I freaking love AGX, and it's also probably among the more likely to happen, given recent addons like stock dV stuff and now the maneuver node thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.