• New Parts
    • Terraforming
    • New planets
    • Life support
    • UI overhaul
    • New space center facility
    • Planet Revamp

20 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Is this something you do in flight? Or are you saying angle the probe core in the VAB?

Because I've never heard of this so am thinking it must just be the VAB thing.

In flight, I believe it came in 1.6

Not all command pods have it, most if not all probe cores do

45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In flight, I believe it came in 1.6

Not all command pods have it, most if not all probe cores do

You're supposed to angle the probe core in the vab and then switch to it. Stock probe core control points are Default, Forward and Reversed (I think this is their function. but i'm not sure about naming or stuff).

You're probably thinking of this - 

37 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

You're supposed to angle the probe core in the vab and then switch to it. Stock probe core control points are Default, Forward and Reversed (I think this is their function. but i'm not sure about naming or stuff).

You're probably thinking of this -

Well, I was not thinking of that, but that is exactly what I had in my challenge game.

Good call, thanks

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, KingKerb said:

what feature do you want for 1.8.

Mostly an in-flight action group editor. Unfortunately posting here (in development suggestions) is like talking to a hitching post. It won't do a bit of good. We all know no devs actually look here...

Someone else has probably already said this, but I'd love new music. Music that is... "adaptive", and by that I mean different tracks that play during different scenarios. For example, stressed and urgent-sounding for things such as re-entry or ascent , and happy/triumphant sounding ones for landings on other planet or back on Kerbin after spending a long time in space.

Oh, you know what would be good? For the rotational momentum to be conserved at timewarp (featured in Persistent Rotation mod and Mandatory RCS mod). That helps a lot with conserving time and monopropellant, and is also realistic and allows you to make neat rotating ships. :wub:

Docking Port Alignment Indicator on the Nav Ball(and a heading for high lvl pilots/cores), An alarm clock. Torque, in the DV info.

Then I don't won't need mods.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:37 PM, HebaruSan said:

Stock transfer window indicators of some kind?

This would be built into the alarm clock of course.

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Press T to toggle SAS... If you mean to disable individual reaction wheels, you can already action group their Toggle Torque button.

I want SAS to turn on when I trigger the Abort action group

Edited by traisjames

On 4/13/2019 at 11:34 AM, lajoswinkler said:
On 4/12/2019 at 8:46 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Terraforming would be amazing

Since KSP strives towards realism, and terraforming is a pipedream for societies that fly through space using engines that spit fire (it's a distant future applicable to "Star Trek"), I would actually vote against this. Space is harsh, and we/Kerbals are a speck of dust. KSP constantly reminds you of it and I love it.

Agreed...Terraforming is way out of scope for a  20th-21st century space flight game. 

1 hour ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

1) Some new parts

- A 45 degree angled RCS block

- A more powerful (425kN maybe) 1.25m engine for heavy 1.25m stacks

-An electrical propellor engine

2) Stock KAC

3) What 5thHorseman said

4) Stock OPM. Please?

5) Optional stock clouds and/or Scatterer

I second the more powerful 1.25m engine as long as the nozzle isn't so ridiculously big as the Vector. We need an RD-191 equivalent.

I'd like to see the engineer's report have some useful information in it.
Showing a value for torque would be good and would help in building asymmetrical rocket designs and VTOL style aircraft.
But... if I was greedy, I would also like it to show at-a-glance stuff like electrical storage, max heat and cooling requirements.
I'm not greedy though..so on with my wish-list

I'd also quite like electric propellers for Duna, Eve, Lathe and the other place... Kerbin.

Life support would be nice.. though something akin to TAC but with a better range of containers and closed loop possibilities. Greenhouses and such.

I'd like to see all wheels and landing legs auto-strutted to grandparent instead of heaviest part.

I'd like it if when I clicked on a planet's info tab that it would tell me when the next transfer windows are to all other bodies.

I'd like for something like the RND mod to kick in after I have researched the last thing on the tech tree.

I think that these things would extend my vanilla play time considerably.

D.

I went with planet revamp and/or life support (contingent on the most important LS mechanic, habitation volume, as food/O2 just become extra "fuel" mass in practice) because you didn't put transfer planner and alarm clock on the list. Though I'm sure those two have been mentioned by name as vital QoL tools so often they're probably already in the pipeline.

Edited by Loskene

Would like the ability to load and offload mods on the fly at runtime. Would make testing out new mods a lot easier, and allow loading different sets of mods for different saves without the need to install multiple copies of the game side by side.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:09 AM, Brownie352 said:

Make rovers more useful, and make science on the surface more interesting than taping the goo collector, maybe caves

Maybe making Kerballed rovers more useful too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.