• In-Flight action group editor
    • New Parts
    • Terraforming
    • New planets
    • Life support
    • UI overhaul
    • New space center facility
    • Planet Revamp

Terraforming sounds interesting. That would be something that would give a reason to create bases on different planets. Different biomes could have different density/usability of the substrate.
A 3D printer would be useful, as in the NASA proposals, which could print a structure, eg a simple dome with a door and a docking port so that the player could dock the vehicle. Exploration of the planet would be motivated to find the right biome (a place to build structures).

I made this account just to vote. Steam says i've played just over 160hrs in ksp. And for me inflight action groups is the LAST thing i'd care to add. We have the opportunity to diversify the game. Terraforming planets or new planets or new parts. They were really onto something with the drill and ore converter bit. You could build a mobile base to fabricate parts and fuel to launch from. I feel like this adds a middle ground so that its not just build get science repeat. You send up the resource scanner and use other science to find deposits, you mine each that you need for what ever part you desire to create, when you have enough you make a craft launch into new planet, with different resources. I strongly feel its a good idea even if implemented in steps. Give players more to do search the solar system for resources send it back to kerbin or fabricate labs on other planets and send the science back as new discoveries. This game has massive potential.

Please for the love of all that is holy, add a sort-by function to the tracking station.  I have 72 flights out right now, roughly 25 of which at any given time have a maneuver queued up.  It would make my life soooooooooo much better if I could a) sort by type, b) manually categorize and color my flights (eg red is my Duna flotilla, Green for the ships bound for Jool; you get the picture) and c) SORT BY TIME-TO-NEXT-MANEUVER.

Sorry to get worked up about this, it just seems like such a simple and obvious improvement.  Please make it happen.

Other than that, KSP=best game ever :wub:

On 4/20/2019 at 9:35 PM, Gargamel said:

While "there's a mod for that" is frowned upon in these types of discussions, KAC will fit the bill nicely for this until it becomes stock. 

Which I find amusing since the author of that mod has been a Squad staffer for quite some time now and has been presumably unable to respond whenever that topic comes up

Edited by StrandedonEarth

I believe, and I truly believe, that squad should focus a lot on KSP 2.0, skipping 1.8, 1.9, 1.9.1 etc and making the next big update and dlc truly something epic. We need caves, underwater caverns, a facelift for all the planets, optional clouds-dust storms-tornadoes-weather, facelift for the ground textures and all parts, a comet or 2, asteroids that aren't exclusive to kerbins soi, while roving you should get pop ups saying things like "discovered new area, Kraken Cave", a little bit of post processing, story mode for career that has you going to different anomalies and unlocking lore, dynamic part upgrades, dynamic economy system where ore appears in 3 tiers of rarity, with some types only on asteroids, some only on moons and some only on planets, allowing a reason to have merchant ships flying between worlds, a new simple life support/kerbal death/reproduction system to make colonization make sense, have it based on mining, say, asteroid ore is the only ore that produces air, moon ore is the only type that produces food, planetary ore the only type that can be turned to fuel, making mining and life support and colonization dynamic, a simple radiation and sickness system, and a few new parts specifically designed for ground bases and colonization, all built around the career mode. A basic autopilot which would encourage new players to join, allowing automated landing, docking, launching and rendezvous. A few new parts such as a solar sail, a laser to push the solar sail, a nuclear reactor, a single microwave beamed power part, a new planet and another star which can be unlocked by completing the story and activating all the anomalies. A system that enables research on stations to be conducted that requires a long term presence and continuous resupply. Please squad, ksp can be so much more, so much more.

I'd love to see a system where Kerbals have a life cycle to where if a vessel is labelled as a colony, then slowly more Kerbals may inhabit it as an effect of reproduction. Another Great feature I'd love to see is not only weather such as rain or snow or storms for Kerbin which affect the conditions of launching a vessel (such as wind), but those conditions may only be for a certain region and launching from another location may let you have better conditions. (Another awesome thing for Kerbin would be seasons that would make the grass different colors such as white with snow during winter, and the rain being replaced with snow during winter.) There could be weather on other planets, such as salty rain on Laythe or Dust storms on Duna (Possibly if a dust storm occurs, we could see the efficiency of solar panels and the accumulated dust on them by right-clicking. Having an engineer have to clean them would be realistic.) Having these weather effects affect things such as taking tests with the atmosphere or using a thermometer could be a feature for showing off how amazing KSP can be with these features. Other things they could affect would be solar panels due to sun exposure from the clouds. Anyways, I understand this would be a huge thing to put on the devs, and that's why I'd still be happy even if it was a 30$ DLC. I don't expect many of these features (such as the life cycle thing) to be implemented, be we can always hope.

It's not on the list but I would like the ability to share save files between friends so that a sort of "pseudo co-op multilayer" could be achieved.

Two or more parties could build and launch and the save file would auto sync between computers.

Would love to build a space station with my friends like this... 

20 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I believe, and I truly believe, that squad should focus a lot on KSP 2.0, skipping 1.8, 1.9, 1.9.1 etc and making the next big update and dlc truly something epic. We need caves, underwater caverns, a facelift for all the planets, optional clouds-dust storms-tornadoes-weather, facelift for the ground textures and all parts, a comet or 2, asteroids that aren't exclusive to kerbins soi, while roving you should get pop ups saying things like "discovered new area, Kraken Cave", a little bit of post processing, story mode for career that has you going to different anomalies and unlocking lore, dynamic part upgrades, dynamic economy system where ore appears in 3 tiers of rarity, with some types only on asteroids, some only on moons and some only on planets, allowing a reason to have merchant ships flying between worlds, a new simple life support/kerbal death/reproduction system to make colonization make sense, have it based on mining, say, asteroid ore is the only ore that produces air, moon ore is the only type that produces food, planetary ore the only type that can be turned to fuel, making mining and life support and colonization dynamic, a simple radiation and sickness system, and a few new parts specifically designed for ground bases and colonization, all built around the career mode. A basic autopilot which would encourage new players to join, allowing automated landing, docking, launching and rendezvous. A few new parts such as a solar sail, a laser to push the solar sail, a nuclear reactor, a single microwave beamed power part, a new planet and another star which can be unlocked by completing the story and activating all the anomalies. A system that enables research on stations to be conducted that requires a long term presence and continuous resupply. Please squad, ksp can be so much more, so much more.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. SOMEBODY GET @SQUAD ON THE LINE

On 4/14/2019 at 8:31 AM, lajoswinkler said:

I definitively like the idea, but it needs thorough and simplistic development with lots of automation because thermal management of electronics in space is extremely difficult to do passively.

To get around this problem, maybe have a setting on the module to deactivate during time warp, similar to having probe cores hibernate during warp. Once you come out of warp, the modules would start generating heat again using lots of electricity and gradually your craft would warm back up to nominal temperatures, meaning the game doesn’t have to passively manage heat at all times during flight.

One thing that I would love to see is a legible Reputation meter or just a numeric readout. As it is, the only way I can see my current rep is to install Strategia and go into the Admin building. I don't know if you can see it in the stock Admin building as I never use the stock strategies.

Stock "Alarm Clock"

Stock Transfer Planner / way to teach players how to do & plan interplanetary transfers

Stock way to put together planetary bases  & space stations in a simpler modular fashion  - ie module cradles, telescopic legs that lock at a specific height, docking clamps that can lock to a position etc. Current landing legs are limited and way too clunky for base useage.

Stock KIS / KAS variant so we can run pipes / umbilicals for refuelling rather than a hard dock

Some rotating parts - ie spindles for station rings.

Small selection of stock propellers

A reason to do all this stuff - a storyline or something.

Life support would be fun if optional

Ability to define "missions" in the tracking centre and group / sort vessels by mission (including assigning mission patches to personnel)

Basically Id like something where I have to run as few mods as possible. Almost all the essentials are there now, which is great. 

The addition of the following parts will make me a very happy aeronaut:

• Compact, strong and reliable hydraulic hinges for things like swing-wings, wing feathering (like Rutan Spaceships) and anything else that needs a hinge
  • High performance cylindrical bearings - to make strong spinning parts which remain part of the craft
  • Radial bearings - so we can make our own wheels, turrets, etc
  • Rotary engines (fuel-powered & electric) - so together with bearings we can easily make our own propellers and propfans
  • Hydraulic pistons - so I don't have to build unreliable contraptions powered by airbrakes
  • A selection of propeller/turbine blades to attach to the above (including variable pitch adjustable in action groups)
  • Helium/Hydrogen buoyancy cells so we can make our own balloons AND EVEN ZEPPELINS (Also include high pressure cylinders so we can inflate the cells when we need to)
  • Nuclear reactors (for applications requiring huge electricity. Aside from making lots of power they must be large, heavy, radioactive (dangerous to Kerbals), and EXPLODE when things go wrong

I still want a simple two directional motor to build ramps, rotors and robotic arms... and the planet surfaces could use a little love, with some more stuff to find and a cloud system...

Edited by Frank_G

I'd like to see planets given a bit more personality. Atmospheric effects, clouds, pretty much in line with some of the visual enhancement mods that have been available for quite some time now. Offering it stock will allow everyone to enjoy the enhanced experience, and potentially offer a more optimized performance. Additionally, I would love to see an expansion to the mining capability in game. Ever since the drill was released, the only thing it was good for was In-situ refueling. I'd love to explore planets and moons to find resources and bring them home for profit in career.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.