• In-Flight action group editor
    • New Parts
    • Terraforming
    • New planets
    • Life support
    • UI overhaul
    • New space center facility
    • Planet Revamp

Something to do when we land somewhere. Other than plant a flag, eva report, surface sample, and leave.

I was gonna put in an after thought about making science take actual time to do (not hours like science lab but you know, a couple minutes) and then I was like.. I could really get my point across if I just said "The whole reason we explore space is TO DO SCIENCE". Not press buttons and have science done for us. There really needs to be an activity for the players once they're in space or on the surface. Of course the activity should be related to real science but it should also be dumbed down so everyone can enjoy it (no offense). I think the best example I've seen of this done so far has been with Astroneers chemistry base component. Each planet has grasses and resources and they can be combined in the machine to make compounds and such. The coolest thing was, it used some REAL chemical components. They weren't just made up. The machine also wasnt so complicated that I couldn't figure it out on my own which was nice. I wish ksp had something creative and fun to do like that other than just build and fly rockets. (I already know what you're going to say next...)

Edited by James M

I really like the quality of life updates they did in 1.7, mainly the altitude toggle. I would very much like to see Centre of mass, centre of lift etc toggleble in flight (invaluable for SSTOs, otherwise you have to test the whole damn thing just to find the optimum balance, re-entry and all) and perhaps readouts, such as lift/drag ratios. Transfer windows may also be nice to know.

• Crew transfer that really works and I do mean: every time (although I've just installed Krew Manifest (for the second time) and I love it, except it needs a "transfer everybody from this compartment" capability)
  • a package-manager style downloader for parts mods such that, if you download a craft from KerbalX, it auto-fetches the pre-requisite parts mods from the internet to store in a cache (not appearing in your SPH/VAB part toolbox), in order to "level the playing field" for aircraft designers: no more Tower of Babel...
  • now's the time to re-discover "friction" (esp. on runways), it marks the Fourth Epoch of any civilization...
  • new background music, presettable from iTunes according to taste (e.g. Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Sibelius, Strauss, King Crimson)
  • kill the Kraken
Edited by Hotel26

On 4/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, KingKerb said:

I know this is early, but what feature do you want for 1.8.

I want glass cockpits standard as an upgrade for later space craft.  I want a fully instrumented craft I could fly an entire mission from launch to landing from a FP View. 

What I personally would like to see implemented is an ingame option, setting, what ever you may call it, that allows us to add thrust curves to SRB's and/or engines without having to go into the config files for those parts.
Especially for people who do not know a thing about coding in general, this would be a really nice addition. Not only that, It would add some form of realism that I think a lot of people also would like without having to use third party mods to achieve this.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:04 AM, Fraston said:

If they just made Breaking Ground free...

Why should they make it free?  They don't work for free, they need to get paid, to be compensated for their time and effort. 

9 minutes ago, Renae said:

Why should they make it free?  They don't work for free, they need to get paid, to be compensated for their time and effort. 

It would be an update.

Just now, Fraston said:

It would be an update.

How does that make a difference? Free updates still cost money to make, and I doubt SQUAD makes that much money from sales of KSP anymore, since most people who want to play the game have already bought it.

I find it perfectly acceptable to occasionally pay for DLC, just to support continued development. Besides, KSP is amazingly good value. I spent £17 on the game and have had hundreds of hours of fun. That's only a few pence per hour - so in paying for this DLC you'll certainly be getting your money's worth.

KSP isn't a record holder game so don't we all think it deserves money, AFAIK it is the game with the most hours, if that's true in your or any case would you still want a free DLC? IIRC all DLC's of other games cost money, so why is KSP a exception then?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.