Best landform to build a base

If You had to make a base tomorrow Were would you want it to be and what should it look like?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What space land-form seems the best to have a megabase (please comment below why and what should it look like)

• Mo-hole (Moho)
    • The Rock Arch (Mun)
    • Vallhenge (Vall)
    • The Kraken (Pol or Bop I forgot)
    • The Canyon (Dres)
    • The Cave (Tylo)

So recently I ended my Arch base to begin my first trip to Duna. But I decided I wanted to fly at least one huge base by the end of the year so I am going to give a huge shoutout to the community if you guys have any ideas what-so-ever

poster-1.png?w=1024

Could do something hanging off of the mun arch. That would be neat.

Or something studying the dead kraken on bop.

Choose something you like and have fun with it!

Each has positives.

• Mohole you can make a landing platform that is wedged in. Not sure how it'll take to save/reload ofc.
  • Mun Arch is nearby so you can expand it quickly. Plus hanging things off the arch looks cool and is a decent challenge in Stock.
  • Vallhenge has a lot of things to build in and around.
  • The Kraken has a super low local gravity making landing and rearranging base modules a breeze. Plus it looks cool :D
  • The Dres canyon has lots of asteroids in orbit so you could make a landed asteroid base which I don't think anybody has ever done and I like the idea enough I may try it.
  • The Tylo Cave is a ready-made building. I considered building a spaceship hangar there. The big downside of course is how much fuel it takes to get there and get back to orbit.

17 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

The Dres canyon has lots of asteroids in orbit so you could make a landed asteroid base which I don't think anybody has ever done and I like the idea enough I may try it.

Oooh that sounds neat.

Myself personally I was thinking of building some sort of base across the dres canyon.

On 4/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Xurkitree said:

The Mohole would be a terrible idea to make a huge base on.

I would totally love to see a Tylo Cave Base though - Tylo is a rare destination for a base.

Actually, this is why I'm starting to do this. I'm still deciding so still fill in 

Okay based on results here is future megabase plans

Arch Base MK II will fly first sometime this month

Other votes that got at the same will be done sometime by the end of this or early of next year

On 4/14/2019 at 3:52 PM, Xurkitree said:

The Mohole would be a terrible idea to make a huge base on.

I would totally love to see a Tylo Cave Base though - Tylo is a rare destination for a base.

That canyon base is impressive!  And 5:23 reminds me of the mothership in Homeworld, just on its side...

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Dres Canyon recently to check it out. Matt Lowne's newest video as of April 29th shows the Tylo cave. This will help to size a base. I feel each of these bases should have a crew of 4000

Spoiler

in-the-canyon-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah.png?w=1000&h=

My arch base's results are finally in. Here they are

Spoiler

bye-arch.png?w=953

The arch base was a demonstration of how to land at the base. The mission was a success and we will soon follow it up.

My Next landform base will probably be another arch base. I have a long list though to make a successor to the Lunar Crew System

a-goodbye-flag.png?w=1024

For Duna Eve and Eeloo. Then phase two will have the other planets

On 4/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, qzgy said:

Choose something you like and have fun with it!

Maybe I will...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.