Kerbal rescue mission has no hatch or port?

i finally made rendezvous and when i got within 200m i switched to the ship i was rescuing the kerbal from, but could not go EVA since there was no hatch, and no docking port??? what is the meaning of this?

I've been trolled lol. I use various part mods, it seems to be in a capsule from a mod with no way out, why would they do this? i don't know how to get him home without building an SSTO and collecting it in the cargo bay then returning, of course thats costly and will take another day to do, anyone got any quick fixes???

Thanks!
Nick

I look at it as an added challenge. I use KIS for adding parts on EVA. My rescue craft carry a spare docking port that I'll EVA an engineer to mount it on the drifting part and then dock the rescue craft to transfer the Kerbal out of it. 

@Tonka Crash wow I had no idea KIS could do that. that's very useful, thanks! and @RealKerbal3x thanks for the mod tip, i'll be sure to install it soon!

Thanks guys. 

My solution was choosing a mission to add parts to an existing LKO space station, so with that i just added a claw to it and made a quick ejection module to de orbit him once i'd clawed the containter he was in, then continued with my misssion.

4 minutes ago, nick533a said:

My solution was choosing a mission to add parts to an existing LKO space station, so with that i just added a claw to it and made a quick ejection module to de orbit him once i'd clawed the containter he was in, then continued with my misssion.

I've done something similar, my rescue craft also carry a "deorbit kit" with a parachute, battery, toroidal tank and Spark or Ant engine that gives me options.

If the rescuee is in a capsule, I'll slap a chute on the nose, and the engine pack on the tail and the battery to power it up and get it flight worthy for it's own reentry. It's when this isn't an option I fall back to mounting a docking port and transfer the Kerbal over.

I keep a rescue craft docked at a station in orbit and just sent it to rendezvous when needed. Anyone I bring back to the station I deobit on the next available ship headed planetside or use KOOSE pods. The one thing I try to avoid is launching every rescue missions from the ground to save cost.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.