Gentlemen

Flibble

Hello!
Thought I'd sign up to the forms. I got ksp a few months back and have been hooked ever since.

I'm currently on a RO/RSS/RP-1 play through. It's interesting and a lot different to stock.

FlibbSpace is hoping to make it to orbit soon after a successful program of sounding rockets. I have developed my own flight computer using kOS, fingers crossed it can get me up there. The plan is to have all missions computer flown rather than manual, with no reverts it's a bit nail biting at times.

11 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Welcome to the forum, Flibble. :)

Why do you make things so hard on yourself? With the no reverts and realism and stuff? 

We choose to pay the game like this, not because it is easy... ;)

My stock playthrough was no reverts, Jeb bought it on the first Mun mission.

Welcome @Flibble...

I use reverts because i don't want to kill My Kerbals, and my design are so complexly designed that lacking struts could be lethal, i played using Keyboard-Mouse Manually, it's not easy, to properly ascent, with all the lag...

RSS/RP-1/RO will probably kill my Pentium, and my desires to make huge rockets (they normally hit over 100 Parts), the huge rockets are made within my Imagination, Real Life Rockets take a very small role in their creation, i mostly do things in a single Launch...

RSS/RO/RP-1 and a full set of mods is hard on the computer it's true. I mostly play on my work pc which has 32gb. I'm doing ok on the no reverts at the moment as I'm running KRASH so I can at least validate designs without a huge death toll.

I'm also running test flight, for extra fun of working designs suddenly failing. ;)

Hey @Flibble the first month in game time is the hardest, don't try to put yourself up there with NASA in the first day. Do stuff in stages, like the Apollo missions the first few were pure up there and orbit, no landing, just orbit. NASA didn't have success in the first month, they didn't really have success until May 5, 1961 when Alan Shepard went up. NASA didn't make it far at first. My advice is to do small launches, in sandbox, to test designs as in to make it in career mode then you build a replica of it in sandbox, launch it, if all goes well then write the procedure out as a check list, and use it in the career mode. Also I suggest the tutorials as they are in depth, remember greats like NASA had the Soviets to build off of, so use the tutorials and watch as many Scott Manley videos as possible. Play Sandbox mode until you know how to play it as best you can.

This is a dockig Video I was send by a friend https://youtu.be/srsiLZLPiv0

It is a Scott manley docking video

16 hours ago, Mikenike said:

Hey @Flibble the first month in game time is the hardest, don't try to put yourself up there with NASA in the first day. Do stuff in stages, like the Apollo missions the first few were pure up there and orbit, no landing, just orbit. NASA didn't have success in the first month, they didn't really have success until May 5, 1961 when Alan Shepard went up. NASA didn't make it far at first. My advice is to do small launches, in sandbox, to test designs as in to make it in career mode then you build a replica of it in sandbox, launch it, if all goes well then write the procedure out as a check list, and use it in the career mode. Also I suggest the tutorials as they are in depth, remember greats like NASA had the Soviets to build off of, so use the tutorials and watch as many Scott Manley videos as possible. Play Sandbox mode until you know how to play it as best you can.

This is a dockig Video I was send by a friend https://youtu.be/srsiLZLPiv0

It is a Scott manley docking video

I'm actually about 4 years in in game time I think, pretty sure it's about 1956 anyway.

I'm going fairly slowly at the moment mostly because I don't get that much play time and with KCT everything takes a while anyway.

I played a fair bit of stock before starting this play through so docking and such I can handle.

The main delay at the moment is getting enough test data on the engines, I've been using my upper stage engine for sounding payloads to keep costs down, but I'm not sure I can legitimately launch a "sounding" rocket with an RD108 powering it. ;) I have one building anyway and I might try to squeeze a static fire test in too.

• 4 weeks later...