Eve to Tylo rules poll

Eve to Tylo rules poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the scoring criteria for the Eve to Tylo challenge?

• Please only vote if you might participate. You may select multiple options.
    • (Cost) * (Mass)
    • (Cost) * (Travel Time)
    • (Mass) * (Travel Time)
    • Cost
    • Mass
    • Travel Time with cost or mass limit
    • Other (comment below)
  2. 2. What should be delivered from Eve to Tylo?

• Just a Kerbal in a command chair
    • One Kerbal, no command chairs
    • 300 units of ore (one small holding tank, 3.5 tons)
    • 8 Kerbals, no command chairs
    • 1500 units of ore (one large holding tank, 17 tons)
    • Other (comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2019 at 07:59 AM

This challenge entails lifting off from Eve and then landing on Tylo. After this poll closes, I will create a new challenge thread, and whatever options are ahead at that time will be the main rules and scoring criteria. The poll is open until 11:59 pm on Monday, April 15th (not sure which time zone it's using).

This poll is an extension of this thread: 

Hyperedit or similar mods will be allowed to move the craft to the start location on Eve. I was thinking of limiting launches to below 2km above sea level but that rule is open for negotiation. Other than that I'd like to use a fairly standard rule set (only stock parts, limited clipping, etc). 

Edited by bayesian_acolyte

And the challenge is...? To take off from Eve an land on Tylo, quickly? Why Eve, wasn't it Moho to begin with?

I guess cost * travel time might be the most interesting. Though with an Eve takeoff, cost will be dominated by the LV and scale closely with the mass of your Tylo Transfer Vehicle. Xenon may be expensive, but if you factor in the cost of lifting it from Eve, it's probably a no-brainer in any event.

13 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

I would definitely like to see extra low mass challenges, so please allow for Lowest mass only runs and the mountain top launching area.

People can submit whatever entrants they want and I will include them in the OP, just not on the official scoreboard. If recent challenges are any guide, there probably won't be too many entrants, so I don't want to split things up into multiple categories.

11 hours ago, Laie said:

And the challenge is...? To take off from Eve an land on Tylo, quickly?

The challenge is to take off from Eve and land on Tylo. I'll edit the OP to make this more clear. Whether  "quickly" is part of the equation or not is being determined by the poll.

11 hours ago, Laie said:

Why Eve, wasn't it Moho to begin with?

This challenge was never from Moho, the original thread creator just made things a bit confusing by talking about their previous challenge from Moho in their opening sentence.

Edited by bayesian_acolyte

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.