Thinking about adding Restock, but having doubts...

Like the title says, I've been thinking of installing the Restock mod made by Nertea and it looks amazing! But here's the problem, there are two other mods that get in the way of me adding Restock.

Real Plume and Real Chutes. I worry that these two mods could potentially affect the Restock mod and prevent me from using parachutes and viewing realistic rocket plumes. I would be grateful if someone could help me with the current situation I'm having.

Thank you. 

I've been happily playing with Restock for the last couple of days and I can definitely recommend it. It looks like RealChute Compatibility has already been addressed in a previous release of Restock, based on these release notes, although I don't currently have RealChute installed to check.

@ChrisAdderley ChrisAdderley released this on Mar 10 · 20 commits to master since this release

• Fixes to address SurfaceLights compatibility (requires updated SurfaceLights, #522)
  • Fixes to address RealChute compatibility
  • Fixes to address RealPlume compatibility (requires updated RealPlume)
  • Fixed Basic variant Spark shroud (#521, #539)
  • Fixed incorrect dimensions on SC-9001 Material Bay (#542)
  • Fixed Communotron HG-55 being rotated 180° to the stock version (#529)
  • Fixed Rhino plume (#538)
  • Fixed symmetry of 0.625m heat shield (#536)
  • Tuned Stayputnik reflectivity

As for RealPlume, it looks like you will have to wait for an update of the RealPlume mod or install a prerelease version from here (as mentioned in the Restock OP):

RealPlume: A fix is almost ready in the RealPlume repo - if you need it right now you can get it here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/pull/81

That said, consider trying it without RealPlume, I'm a RealPlume Addict myself, but Nertea does a really good job creating plumes, so, it is worth looking at.

2 hours ago, KerbalisticEngineer said:

Thank you so much, man! I will uninstall RealPlume from the game and hopefully install both RealChute and Restock with no problem. Another question is, when is the next 1.7 update for Restock? I'm not trying to rush the developers into making this update, just only asking. That's all.

It seems to be working fine in 1.7

21 hours ago, KerbalisticEngineer said:

Thank you so much, man! I will uninstall RealPlume from the game and hopefully install both RealChute and Restock with no problem. Another question is, when is the next 1.7 update for Restock? I'm not trying to rush the developers into making this update, just only asking. That's all.

Welcome to the forums...why not just ask your questions on the ReStock (or other mod) thread next time. That's easier than creating another forum thread and then asking people to repost information already found on the ReStock thread

Edited by Tyko

• 2 months later...

Did i mess something up or is there no thermometer barometer and vanilla stock chutes? cause if not that would really suck cause than i cant career mode :/

even if they are not reskinned they should be there right?

Edit: nvm i had somehow left Vens restock installed and it conflicted i see them now!

Edited by DEG

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, Tyko said:

Welcome to the forums...why not just ask your questions on the ReStock (or other mod) thread next time. That's easier than creating another forum thread and then asking people to repost information already found on the ReStock thread

Alright then. I'm new to the forums, so right now I can't ask the thread  since I need at least 5 approved posts.

1 hour ago, KerbalisticEngineer said:

Alright then. I'm new to the forums, so right now I can't ask the thread  since I need at least 5 approved posts.

Having 5 Posts (which you do now) only applies to Sending New PM's, Editing Your Profile, and Having your Posts Moderator Approved.   It has nothing to do with what or where you post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.