The Misadventures of the Buzzsaw Industrial Conglomerate

Hey y'all! This is going to be "soft-stock" (lightly modded, stockalike only) Science Mode playthrough. Basically this will be my new save for 1.7

Mods are (links coming eventually, but maybe not) :

VISUAL

Scatterer

E.V.E. (SVE, Pood's OPM Visual Overhaul, etc coming at some point when I'm not dead tired from travelling)

PARTS

Airplane+

Stockalike Station Parts

Kerbal Planetary Base

PLANETS

Outer Planets

Kopernicus (obviously)

More planets liable to spawn at any time. Outer Planets liable to disappear on updating the universe.

UTILITY
KER tbh I really like the new stock dV interface. KER might come later if needed though
KAC

Craft Manager

And that's it! Liable to change at any time

Well then. Let's go.

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

First Flights

Bluesky 1, piloted by Valentina because why not, jumped off the pad to gather science.

QupKS4U.png

It was a Flea jumper so nobody cared.

The first actual mission was Bluesky 2, a suborbital hop.

YJrLWCW.png

R&D were very excited about the experimental Launch Stabilizer System.

1hSc28r.png

Soon, however, the rocket was up and away.

7IiBRZK.png

Against the advice of the safety team, Jeb did this risky manuver to get EVA Report from the Upper Atmosphere.

8pzWr7d.png

EVAs in space are a little less risky. With science gathered it's time to head home. Luckily the rocket is sub-orbital, so homeward it goes without so much as touching the controls.

UbFQ1tB.png

Safely landed, Jeb was promptly, and unwillingly, bustled off to a safety seminar for the crime of getting more Science!

Tune in next time for Science Junior madness and orbital launch!

Science Juniors, Orbital Launches, and Other Adventures

Administration decreed that the newly discovered Science Junior units were to be used to gather science as soon as reasonable possible. Thus came Bluesky 3, a rocket fitted with a pair of them, as well as the newly discovered barometers, piloted by Bob for purposes of restoring them so they can be used multiple times.

ft9ash8.png

The Launch Stabilizer was abandoned and the relevant R&D team duly executed for incompetence.

nzQCEjR.png

Unfortunately someone forgot to turn on the Magicamera 9000 so there are no pictures of the ascent, but rest assured it did flip out. That said space was still reached, science gathered, and Bob duly terrified.

4MGoAM4.png

With an annoyingly safe landing complete and new tech researched, it was time for Bluesky 4, the first orbital shot.

Sorry for non-activated windows by the way, it is, Windows is just being weird. Rest assured next post will fix it.

iOtvwc5.png

This rocket will also gather science from high orbit, hence the science equipment. Jeb is, of course, raring to go.

0bvlSpl.png

And so up and away the rocket went, headed spacewards.

ZdYqV1o.png

Parking orbits are for noobs

Hoqt25G.png

EVA in the dark.

dyrHhS4.png

Jeb burned off the rest of the fuel to ease reentry.

cnY1Uik.png

With the capsule splashed down, Jeb sent for the Mysterious Invisible Recovery BoatTM

Tune in next time for the launch of Greenpeak 1.

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

Greenpeak 1 : Conquest of Minmus

WwttwLb.png

Greenpeak 1 is the largest rocket yet at over 40 tonnes and the first to use the massive "Thumper" boosters.

Unfortunately the Magicamera was off for the ascent, but here it is in orbit

I1XMd6y.png

Caption or something

QB5wxkn.png

Bob ejected for Minmus with the transfer stage. This stage will get us to Minmus and do part of the insertion burn. No, I don't care about space junk.

Bwl8iYu.png

Bob performed science just after entering the SOI of Minmus and then EVAd to reset the experiments for further use.

kd5BLf1.png

The transfer stage used the last of its fuel to inject into a 32km polar Minmus orbit.

The Magicam 9000 was off for some reason, so update closed I guess, sadly. That said we got 1100 science from 2 biomes and unlocked a bunch of tech.

Tune in next time for more Minmus biome hopping and Mun madness.

Greypeak 1 : Munshot

J7KFucU.png

Greypeak 1 is the first rocket to use the new 2.5m parts. It's the largest rocket yet launched.

oWNkIPi.png

A real neat looking first stage separation

Yy71uro.png

And sitting in orbit

zUYEi8m.png

Injecting for the Mun

A6Sox7p.png

Bob resets the experiments after High Space above Mun science

XulBpEI.png

In Low Mun Orbit, prepping for landing in the Farside Crater.

The Magicamera failed to record any of the landing, but here we are having completed sciencing at the Farside Crater

uckX34g.png

C a p t i o n

8T5BbQb.png

Biome hop

iRHYsVN.png

Landed in the Midlands.

That's the end of this update. Tune in next time for the second half of Greypeak 1 and the launch of Greenpeak 2! With over 1800m/s, we should be able to get 2 more biomes.

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

Rebooting the universe

So unfortunately, my PC decided that the hard drive didn't get to exist yesterday. I was able to recover the save but only from a point before the launch of Greenpeak 1. Thus, I'll be starting a new save file. Same mods, same everything (except EVE works now yayyyyy). I'll get through the early stages of the game and the next update will be on the progress of said save file.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

duly executed for incompetence

Sounds like the Traveling Circus... which I loved. :-) A little note narration from the Kerbals and this could become one of my favourites!

Edited by fulgur

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.