(UNRELEASED) Komorfia : Eye candy in KSP! : Development Thread

Heirloom

ClQbwAN.png

"You never truly realize the beauty of space until you go there and experience it first hand." - Random Kerbal Found on the Street (2019)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So heres a thousand words as a picture. :) 

p9kL7ID.png

What is Komorfia?

Komorfia is a graphics mod designed to completely overhaul the visuals of Kerbal Space Program with it's stunning and beautiful high-resolution textures. This thread specifically is meant to serve as a way for people to follow the development of the mod.

What the Kraken does Komorfia mean?

The word "Komorfia" is a portmanteau of two words; "Kerbal" and "Omorfia". The latter is the Greek word for beauty, and the meaning of Kerbal is fairly obvious. It can be thought of as "Kerbal Beauty", in that the Kerbol system has been beautified.

What specs will I need to run this?

You will need at least 4GB of RAM, but 4GB is recommended. The kind of GPU does not necessarily matter, as Kerbal Space Program doesn't touch it. Any modern CPU will do.

Current Features

Atmospheric Features

• 32K Kerbin Clouds & 8K Aurora
  • 8K Eve Clouds & 8K Aurora
  • 8k Duna Clouds
  • 8K 2-Layer Dynamic Jool Clouds & 8K Aurora
  • 8K Laythe Clouds & 8K Aurora

Surface Features

• 8K ScaledSpace and terrain textures for Duna, Moho and Gilly

Any pictures or videos?

[Imgur Album]

When will this be released?

Soon.

Join our discord! (made by @suzuki)

https://discord.gg/QdkhRQ5

Edited by Heirloom

On 4/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

Uff i can already feel my PC burning

Well at least you have a heater for winter now! Jokes aside, if you have more than 8GB of RAM than it's likely you'll be able to run it.

Edited by Messier

16 hours ago, lukslu5 said:

What will say the compatibility?

I tested it on my computer and KSP used about ~8.5GB of RAM, so it's safe to say that the minimum requirements for this mod will be 8GB.

Edited by Messier

Have you thought about a corresponding ground textures pack? Perhaps also an ultra-HD skybox to match. Probably a lot more work, but it'd go well with the cloud pack.

3 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Have you thought about a corresponding ground textures pack? Perhaps also an ultra-HD skybox to match. Probably a lot more work, but it'd go well with the cloud pack.

Haha, I'm literally working on making the ground textures right now. Nothing in game yet though, still working on making the main planet textures. :D 

Edited by Messier

6 hours ago, lukslu5 said:

I would really like to see this being an all in one mod....

With that i mean having mods like "scatter" and "planet shine" and more together in one....

Also i would like to see some loading screen with that Texture Mod!

Some people do make mod packs, but they don't go very well. Some mods may have restrictive licenses meaning you can't redistribute the mod, recompile it or basically do anything with it other than installing. Additionally some mods may update meaning that the mod pack will have outdated mods. The closest and best way is to make a CKAN thing which installs all of the mods and updates them when needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.