Kerbal Space Program 1.7 crashes on launch

Hi,

so Kerbal Space Program keeps crashing on my pc short after all assets have been loaded to the game. 

The bug keeps appearing after the 1.7 update. Before that, there was no such problem.

I installed the kOS mod, but even before I installed it, the bug appeared several times.

However, the bug doesn't appear on every game start.

I have added a link to my Google Drive which redirects you to the crash log, the crash.dmp and a copy of my system information.

Do you have any suggestions?

The .dmp and the .nfo files are relevant to people that have direct access to the game's source code - unfortunately, not our case. :) 

The output.log and the KSP.log would make things a bit easier, besides not allowing (at least me) to find a fix.

But from the little inspecting I'm managed to get by peeking the files on a HEX viewer, this can be related to a series of similar issues that are being documented also here.

This issue is affecting more users, so I'm trying to get them cross-linked in the hope we can find a pattern that allow further investigations.

My current opinion is that there's something subtle but very wrong inside Unity's guts, but something on KSP is not ruled out yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.