Modded ksp keeps crashing during load

My game crashes halfway trough loading

I have a very powerful pc and i'm running windows 10

My first thought was that I was running out of RAM(I have 16GB) while my game is trying to load the Many Many mods i have installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

5 minutes ago, CommunistBilly said:

My first thought was that I was running out of RAM(I have 16GB) while my game is trying to load the Many Many mods i have installed.

• Have you looked at how much RAM that KSP is using (i.e. in Task Manager)?  How much?
  • "many many" = how many?  10?  100?  1000?  A ballpark notion might help.  :)

Other than that, what does your KSP.log file say?  (It's sitting in your main KSP folder, and gets created anew each time the game starts up.)  It won't necessarily have the answer... but it might (or at least a clue).  What shows up at the tail end of your log file?

(side note:  this file can often be gigantic, so please don't paste the whole thing here, it causes problems for the forums-- you can either post the whole thing to some 3rd party file-sharing site and then link to it here, or else you could just copy a few lines from the end of the file and paste them here.)

13 minutes ago, CommunistBilly said:

I have + - 40 mods,its using 8000mb of RAM and my RAM usage was sitting at 83% usage

In that case, it doesn't sound to me like you're catastrophically running out of RAM.  What does the log file say?

[LOG 19:58:35.052] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'HLV.BowTank'
[LOG 19:58:35.170] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/AFT/HLVCargoAft/HLV2_AFT_Cargo_container'
[LOG 19:58:35.188] PartLoader: Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/AFT/HLVCargoAft/HLV2_AFT_Cargo_container' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 19:58:35.190] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'HLV2.AFT.Cargo.container'
[LOG 19:58:35.309] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/BOW/HLVCargoBow/HLV2_BOW_Cargo_container'
[LOG 19:58:35.326] PartLoader: Part 'Moonprint/HLV2/CARGO/BOW/HLVCargoBow/HLV2_BOW_Cargo_container' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 19:58:35.329] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'HLV2.BOW.Cargo.container'

And that's the tail end of the log file?  The very last thing it says?

Hmmm, if that's the case, then it's not providing anything helpful that I can see.  It may be that one of your mods has some particular problem, and is bringing KSP down with it.  In that case, you need to figure out which one it is.  That's a bit tedious, but not too onerous.  What you do is this:

1. Try uninstalling half your mods (doesn't matter which ones) and then running.
  2. Whether it starts or not will tell you which half of your mods the problem lies in.  You've narrowed it down to 20 possible mods instead of 40.
  3. Now take the "guilty" half, and run with half of those installed.  Same deal, this now cuts the pool down to 10 possibles.
  4. Repeat a few more times and you've isolated it to the one mod that's causing the problem.
  5. Once you know which mod it is, then you can go to that mod's release thread to ask about the problem-- that's where the experts hang out and you have the best chance of getting an answer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.