Video recorder for KSP and other games...

KerbolExplorer

OBS is great; free; runs on Windows (as well as Linux) AND -- if you have any problems with it at all -- just return to this thread and get help!

It does a couple of things by default (where it puts the output file and a less-than-optimum resolution for YouTube) that are a slight nuisance to figure out: but then it's plain sailing.

I use OpenShot with it occasionally for video editing and they make a good pair.

@Delay, I'll PM you about this and, if we get a solution, we can publish it here...

Edited by Hotel26

On 4/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, Hotel26 said:

just return to this thread and get help!

May I ask a question?

OBS records at a very low framerate for me, seemingly independent from any settings, both in KSP and in OBS. I looked around on other forums, none of their solutions worked.
I don't intend to stream anytime soon; I just want to record the screen/game.

Edited by Delay

2 hours ago, audreycrist said:

I use online tools available to download videos from YT or any other source directly. You just have to paste the url there.

While this is true (I use one my own self) the OP is talking about making their own videos, not watching others'.

19 hours ago, Delay said:

OBS records at a very low framerate for me, seemingly independent from any settings, both in KSP and in OBS. I looked atound on other forums, none of their solutions worked.
I don't intend to stream anytime soon; I just want to record the screen/game.

I've never had this issue, but if you can't get it I'd suggest going to the OBS forums themselves. I remember when I DID set it up that they were quite helpful, though admittedly that was years ago.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2019 at 3:38 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

Hi sorry for the delay but i finnaly got some time and installed OBS

I found it simple to record with but the video is lagging a lot what can i do to fix this?

What do you mean by lagging?

It could be something with your machine not powerful enough to run both the capture software and the KSP game or it could be some setting. Hard to tell without knowing more.

2 hours ago, qzgy said:

What do you mean by lagging?

It could be something with your machine not powerful enough to run both the capture software and the KSP game or it could be some setting. Hard to tell without knowing more.

It looks like it's skipping many frames

But only the video itself the game is going perfectly fine

Edited by KerbolExplorer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.